Thread: Emergancy asperation pneumonia...need help asap

Hybrid View

Angnichole Guest

Exclamation Emergancy asperation pneumonia...need help asap

Hi my name is Angela. I found a baby one-week-old Frozen squirrel along with his sister that had fallen out of a tree. I quickly scooped them both up brought them into my car and started warming them under the heater while massaging their little chests . After about 5 minutes of no luck right when I was about to give up to my great surprise I heard a little heartbeat in the little boy squirrel . The little girl squirrel wasn't as fortunate . So I took the little boy home, we named him Merrick which is short for miracle. we got him everything he needed and his home is now here with us until he's strong enough for release . We have had him for about six weeks and he has done very well he was thriving with us. His tail is just starting to get bushy and his fur is soft and silky. He's always had a really good appetite and he's growing very quickly. A few days ago I noticed some clicking in his breathing and I knew right away what it was. The clicking went away after two days and I thought it was very lucky and we went about our normal schedule. Yesterday the clicking came back and now today he also has diarrhea and he's very lethargic. Not willing to risk what could happen I contacted a friend of mine and she's giving me two of her Augmentin pills. The problem is I have no idea how to administer these pills to him. Is there anyone out here in this forum who could help me with the dosage for a 6 or 7 weeks old gray squirrel?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Emergancy asperation pneumonia...need help asap

Hi Angela.
    A few questions. Do you have a weight of the baby? To dose meds we need the weight in grams. We also need the mg of the Augmentin tablet. Ciprofloxacin would be better but I can dose the Augmentin.

What are you feeding? Aspiration pneumonia isn't usually associated with diarrhea so there is probably more than one issue. Diarrhea is usually caused by the formula.

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Mel1959 (05-09-2019), Nancy in New York (05-09-2019), redwuff (05-08-2019)

Default Re: Emergancy asperation pneumonia...need help asap

I hope you come back Angela. If your baby has AP it is urgent that antibiotics are started soon.

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Mel1959 (05-09-2019), Nancy in New York (05-09-2019)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.