Thread: Clicking Sounds- aspiration pneumonia??

liv Guest

Default Clicking Sounds- aspiration pneumonia??

I rescued a black squirrel who I found screaming in the woods. He seems to be about five or six weeks old. We got him puppy formula, and he has been doing great. But today I noticed he is clicking when he is breathing. He is not lethargic and he is Not refusing food. It does not seem like it’s a struggle for him to breathe either. He does sneeze every so often. Is this aspiration pneumonia? I do have Baytril, and if it worsened said I was going to give him some. But I am also not sure how much I should give him. Today for his feeding I just gave him Pedilyte With some of his formula mixed inside. I am not sure if I should give him the antibiotic now or wait to see if he gets better. What should I do?

Default Re: Clicking Sounds- aspiration pneumonia??

Is the clicking occuring with every breath? To be able to dose we need your baby’s weight and the strength of the Baytril.

Can you tell us what type of puppy formula you are feeding?

Please do not mix pedialyte with formula. How long have you had him? Once he is hydrated, feeding him formula should keep up his hydration. At five weeks he should be fed five times a day between 5 - 7% of her body weight each day.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Default Re: Clicking Sounds- aspiration pneumonia??

Since you have meds on hand, let’s hang tight before starting meds. Sometimes they can have a nose click which can sound like AP. Get his wt and the strength of the med and if things change we can dose quickly.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

Mel1959 (05-06-2019)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.