Thread: If you are an overwhelmed rehabber, I am looking for a baby flying squirrel.

Default If you are an overwhelmed rehabber, I am looking for a baby flying squirrel.

I have an 8 week old flying squirrel that I rescued about 3 weeks ago. My little one gets tons of attention, but I know they are very social and do better in groups. If you know of a rehabber in Tennessee that is overwhelmed, or have found one and need a placement, I would be more than happy to take one. Females only please. Would prefer a young one so it can bond with me too. Middle TN area.

Default Re: If you are an overwhelmed rehabber, I am looking for a baby flying squirrel.

I got a flyer several months ago and am still learning.

1. I know flyers are social but that social interaction doesn’t have to be with another flyer, it can be with you. So, it sounds like you’re meeting her needs.

2. If you get another flyer, they may, or may not, accept each other. I’m certain age factors into the equation, though. I know of folks that thought their flyers would be buddies but had to house them separately because they didn’t like each other.

3. If you get another flyer and they do like each other, they will bond to each other and not be as intensely bonded to you. I’m sure you could still interact with them, but it won’t be “all about you” anymore.

This info is what I have derived from talking with folks and reading. I’m certainly not an expert on this subject, if any of this seems wrong I hope the flyer folks will correct me.

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Anne (06-18-2019), Chippergray (05-06-2019), Diggie's Friend (05-14-2019)