Thread: Baby Squirrel Noise What does it mean???? Weird

Default Baby Squirrel Noise What does it mean???? Weird

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PjkpoRqtZe6yByE18

Let me know if the link works or not? She does it only once in a while. Whenever I go to pick her up for her feedings. Does anyone know what it means? She does not make the sound while holding her, just for a couple of seconds. Its almost as if it takes her a moment to realize its me, lol.

Default Re: Baby Squirrel Noise What does it mean???? Weird

That is a territorial growl. It means "this is my space, and if you get any closer or enter it I will bite you".
    I also have that problem with two of my girls at feeding time. I have to show them the syringe and lure them out before I can pick them up. If I try to reach in to get them they swat at me (and may even bite).
    Once they are out of the nesting box they are okay.

She may be doing this because she has food or nuts stashed inside there.. and is protecting them.
    Next time you have her out clean any food from her nest.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Javarat from:

nightingale1703 (05-03-2019)

Default Re: Baby Squirrel Noise What does it mean???? Weird

ahh, thank you! I was worried I was startling her. Im glad she is doing this, it makes me feel better that I know she will protect herself when I release her. My ultimate goal is that she survive in the wild. And she does have one of her rodent blocks in her cage and one in her box ( I let her sleep in a closed box with holes. I think its better and she feels safer than in her open cage and I can regulate her heating pad under her box better. Thanks for helping!