Thread: wild stepped in wasp spray

Hybrid View

Default wild stepped in wasp spray

My husband sprayed carpenter ants with wasp spray and one of my wild juveniles came 10 minutes afterwards and stepped in it. Does anyone know if this will harm her? Thanks

Default Re: wild stepped in wasp spray

It is a toxin and can be absorbed through the skin. If it was dry when he stepped in it, I would not worry too much, I don't think that would be a dangerous exposure level. If this was a deep, wet puddle of spray and he walked through it I would be concerned. I would expect a lot of it would have rubbed off on grass, dirt etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MapleRidgesquirrel View Post
    My husband sprayed carpenter ants with wasp spray and one of my wild juveniles came 10 minutes afterwards and stepped in it. Does anyone know if this will harm her? Thanks
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

She is acting fine and keeps coming back for nuts. I sprayed the wasp spray area off with the hose and sprayed off my patio so when she walked on it her feet would get rinsed off.

She will probably be fine. Just watch her for a few days. Poisoning would probably look like neuro issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MapleRidgesquirrel View Post
    She is acting fine and keeps coming back for nuts. I sprayed the wasp spray area off with the hose and sprayed off my patio so when she walked on it her feet would get rinsed off.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

MapleRidgesquirrel (04-30-2019)