Thread: Pneumonia only have amoxicillin

Ckoebert Guest

Default Pneumonia only have amoxicillin

Hi everyone this is my first post. I took in 2 fox squirrels about 3 weeks ago. They have been growing fast and active till a few days ago one of them started acting weak. She is about 6 weeks old. Was eating 4-5 cc of fox valley 20/50. Now she will only take about 1cc of formula and 1cc of water. I have done a 12hour period of pedialyte with no change. She is very shaky and weak compared to the other one. Does not suck on miracle nipple only laps up the formula. Poops and pees fine. She did aspirate a few times when we first got her. I did hear some clicking the first day she started acting like this but no clicking the last few days. I have been giving her 2 drops of childrens benydral once a day which seems to help a little. Definitely having trouble breathing. Lots of sneezing and possible coughing. She weighs about 110grams.

All i have is amoxicillin 125 and its the only antibiotic i can get. Its also not expired.

Does someone have a dosage for this?

Please help i dont want to see her so uncomfortable and i dont think she will make it much longer

Default Re: Pneumonia only have amoxicillin

Give me a minute

Are you guessing on her weight? You said about 110. That is a very low weight for a 6 wk Fox sq. I have a 5 wk grey who weighs 152. The proper wt is important to get the proper dose
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Ckoebert Guest

Yes this was 2 days ago....she is dropping weight fast over the past few days...i just weighed her and she is down to 90grams

Dosing sent. Please please keep trying to get Baytril/Cipro or Clavamox/augmentin. We will switch as soon as you get it a better antibiotic.
    redwuff
    State Licensed

How is your baby today?
    redwuff
    State Licensed

Ckoebert Guest

Not acting any better...only got 1.5ml of formula in her since this morning. Just weighed her at 88grams

Quote Originally Posted by Ckoebert View Post
    Not acting any better...only got 1.5ml of formula in her since this morning. Just weighed her at 88grams
    What town in Ohio do you live in? Maybe we have a rehabber close that can help this little one.

Are you the only one that handles and feeds this little one?

Can you give us some background info? Most importantly, what formula do you have your babies on?
    redwuff
    State Licensed

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.