Thread: Is my girl in heat?

Default Is my girl in heat?

My little Trixie, a North American Grey, is about 3 years old. I rescued her from a stray cat a few years ago when she was just a few months old. She couldn't walk or sit correctly due to a leg injury after her encounter, but this healed over time and you almost can't even tell now (she is still a little wobbly when perching sometimes). About a year after we rescued her she developed MBD because we didn't have her diet right. She now eats a very healthy diet consisting of squirrel blocks, fresh veggies, and a calcium supplement that she has received daily for about 2 years.

Overall, she seems very healthy and very active, but over the last few days, I've noticed her genitals are a little swollen. Color seems normal, and she doesn't seem to be having issues urinating. Is this normal? I interact with her several times a day, every day, and she is a very lovable girl. This is the first time I've noticed her genitals looking this way and I'm a bit concerned.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Default Re: Is my girl in heat?

Yes, it is possible that your girl could be in heat atm and you just missed it the
    others times she went into heat being that she is three years old. I would keep
    an eye on her and make sure the urine does not turn dark in color or smell.
    .... You Baby is all Grown Up!!

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rhapsody:

island rehabber (04-14-2019), Jordan_Fish (04-14-2019)

Default Re: Is my girl in heat?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Yes, it is possible that your girl could be in heat atm and you just missed it the
    others times she went into heat being that she is three years old. I would keep
    an eye on her and make sure the urine does not turn dark in color or smell.
    .... You Baby is all Grown Up!!
    Thank you for the peace of mind, Rhapsody!

She is all grown up, but she's still my little girl!

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jordan_Fish from:

island rehabber (04-14-2019)