Thread: Help mouth infection!!!!!! Had him for 4 yrs, can't lose him!!!!

Default Help mouth infection!!!!!! Had him for 4 yrs, can't lose him!!!!

Roscoe now has some sort of pusy mouth infection in the top teeth that were too short..
    Do I need antibiotics?
    Will penicillin work? I'm asking around trying to find some and someone said they had penicillin...
    He won't let me touch it to wipe some away, he screams out on pain. ...
    We are the same ones from Albany ga, from the post about his bottom teeth being too long.
    I emailed dr emerson but she never got back to me today. I'll be calling her first thing tomorrow, but HE HAS TO MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT!
    I WONT BE ABLE TO LIVE IF HE DIES!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Help mouth infection!!!!!! Had him for 4 yrs, can't lose him!!!!

No penicillin for squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    No penicillin for squirrels.
    Amoxicillin?? Or cephalexin(keflex)

Bump

Hoping someone can get back to you quick with advice. Wish I could tell you what to do

Praying for you and your Roscoe.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

If amoxicillin is all you have I can dose it until you find something else.
    Clavamox would be better. Clindamycin would be excellent.

We need Roscoes weight and the mg of the tablet that you get.

The wound is probably caused by the overgrown incisors puncturing the roof of the mouth.

6. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Grinderhead (04-13-2019), Spanky (04-12-2019), Squirreleesi (04-13-2019), stepnstone (04-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    If amoxicillin is all you have I can dose it until you find something else.
    Clavamox would be better. Clindamycin would be excellent.

We need Roscoes weight and the mg of the tablet that you get.

The wound is probably caused by the overgrown incisors puncturing the roof of the mouth.
    The amoxicillin is liquid for a kitten, not a pill. Is that ok

Some one is mailing me baytril but it'll take afew days to get here, so until then I'm just trying to find something.. the liquid amoxicillin expires this month.. but someone else had the pill form. So if I need to I'll go get that

Baytril will NOT help this. First, get hold of Dr. Emerson, because he needs medical help we cannot provide. Second, Clavamox (also called augmentum) and or Clindamycin are needed for this, ALONG with a vet visit.

10. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

HRT4SQRLS (04-13-2019), redwuff (04-13-2019), Squirreleesi (04-13-2019)

We are on our way to animal Health Center of Valdosta, someone referred us to them. It's in Georgia so I've never been more scared. But they seem to be nice and are going to help

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to ilovemyroscoe91:

HRT4SQRLS (04-13-2019), Nancy in New York (04-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyroscoe91 View Post
    It's in Georgia so I've never been more scared. But they seem to be nice and are going to help
    That's exactly what you need. A compassionate vet. If anything goes wrong with this visit, take Roscoe and walk out. Do not leave him OR surrender him.

If they will do it, an X-ray would be awesome for future use. Right now the infection is what is urgent. A tooth trim would also be great.

14. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Grinderhead (04-13-2019), ilovemyroscoe91 (04-13-2019), Nancy in New York (04-13-2019)

Ok so he clipped the bottoms and is sending us home with antibiotics and pain meds.
    He saw no puss but his mouth was bleeding from freaking out and biting down.
    He isn't goin to do xrays because he has to be put under anesthesia, and he said he wants to wait to see if the teeth are growing back at the top.
    I want him to have xrays somewhere that has had a little more experience with anesthesia and squirrels... he said either Emerson or the university in Gainsville

16. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to ilovemyroscoe91:

HRT4SQRLS (04-13-2019), Mel1959 (04-16-2019), Nancy in New York (04-17-2019), redwuff (04-13-2019)

Roscoe now has some sort of pusy mouth infection in the top teeth that were too short..
    Do I need antibiotics?
    Will penicillin work? I'm asking around trying to find some and someone said they had penicillin...
    He won't let me touch it to wipe some away, he screams out on pain. ...
    We are the same ones from Albany ga, from the post about his bottom teeth being too long.
    I emailed dr emerson but she never got back to me today. I'll be calling her first thing tomorrow, but HE HAS TO MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT!
    I WONT BE ABLE TO LIVE IF HE DIES!
    Albany Pet Partners will see squirrels. I don’t know the extent of experience they have but I just needed an antibiotic for my squirrel due to a UTI. They gave it and he is doing great now. Please call them... Dr. Freeman Is another vet who is great but won’t see squirrels if you know him or someone that does he may be able to help.

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Kfox from:

HRT4SQRLS (04-13-2019)

Ok so he clipped the bottoms and is sending us home with antibiotics and pain meds.
    He saw no puss but his mouth was bleeding from freaking out and biting down.
    He isn't goin to do xrays because he has to be put under anesthesia, and he said he wants to wait to see if the teeth are growing back at the top.
    I want him to have xrays somewhere that has had a little more experience with anesthesia and squirrels... he said either Emerson or the university in Gainsville
    Take Roscoe to Dr. Emerson. She has plenty of experience with anesthesia and squirrels and teeth are one of her specialties.

20. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Grinderhead (04-16-2019), ilovemyroscoe91 (04-18-2019), lukaslolamaus (04-16-2019), Milo's Mom (04-16-2019), Nancy in New York (04-17-2019), stepnstone (04-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Take Roscoe to Dr. Emerson. She has plenty of experience with anesthesia and squirrels and teeth are one of her specialties.
    You need to get him to her.

22. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Grinderhead:

ilovemyroscoe91 (04-18-2019), lukaslolamaus (04-16-2019), Milo's Mom (04-16-2019), Nancy in New York (04-17-2019), stepnstone (04-17-2019)