Thread: Victoria’s Foot

Default Victoria’s Foot

Victoria took a tiny nip to her foot about a week ago. It seemed barely a nick in the flesh . I started her on Clavamox per previous dosage recommends (20 mg/kg Bid). It seemed to be improving, but I literally just got home from a longgg day, and found it in this state ...A toe is now missing. It’s dark red and draining, in spite of the antibiotics. Yesterday it looked almost on the edge of turning around; swelling resolved, light pink. I guess she may have self mutilated it today??? I haven’t witnessed this , but it went from getting well to this literally in hours
    But do I need to add Baytril? Clindamycin? Meloxicam ??
    She weighs as best can tell around 385 g

This is scaring me; the swelling is going up her leg. She’s still eating and seemingly pain free ( paralytic) . But still, would anti inflammatory be ok ?

Name:  0502FAC5-9C77-46B2-A15E-61ABA0051B76.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  89.4 KB

Name:  A287A888-2A15-40D1-AFDF-E61AEF1F147A.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  129.2 KB

I’m going to soak it tonight in betadine, and attempt to apply some silversulfadiazine cream. But she won’t leave a foot bandage on for more than an hour or so. Pulls them off

Default Re: Victoria’s Foot

I would stack Clindamycin on top of the Clavamox. Clindamycin at 7.5mg/kg BID.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Snicker Bar (04-11-2019)

Ok thank you so much,
    Just hope her foot can be saved

Wrap her foot. Use tendertape and a thin layer of nonstick bandageing— i use a pad with a thin teflon cover over a cotton pad. I remove the outside cover and use that to cover the wound. I wrap Scooter’s legs when they get bad, and my Gracie’s leg—she chews on a wound from the leg being caught in fabric and she barbers her toes. The bandage keeps her from further injuring herself. Maybe bandaging Victoria’s foot will keep her from butchering herself. Also Gabapentin helps.

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Chickenlegs:

redwuff (04-12-2019), Snicker Bar (04-12-2019)

Thank you, I did manage to find a bandage system that seems to be lasting ( stayed on all night and still there now). I have Gabapentin capsules (100 mg) but I can call in some / have it compounded if need be; is there a dose you recommend?
    When we soak again today I will post pics after adding the Clindadrops.