Thread: PLAYING POSSUM?

Default PLAYING POSSUM?

My rehabber friend in San Francisco called me this afternoon asking for help in releasing 3 opossums youngsters orphaned in February when mom got hit by car.

I have located an area with a lake, trees and proximity to a city near my home that can be a potential place for release. But I never done an opossum release before.

Any advises, cautions, do’s and dont’s will be highly appreciated.

Troopers dad.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    " When you save someone's life, you're responsible for theirs for the rest of yours" - Confucius
    Trooper's Troop: Plain, Rufina, Scratchy, Runty, Blackie, Beanie, Biff, PreetyBoy, Limpy, Jaws, Scarface, Badtail and Housemama
    Trooper's Story at: http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/interests/trooper-friends-9554554?vk=759PD8gn7A

Default Re: PLAYING POSSUM?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    My rehabber friend in San Francisco called me this afternoon asking for help in releasing 3 opossums youngsters orphaned in February when mom got hit by car.
    I have located an area with a lake, trees and proximity to a city near my home that can be a potential place for release. But I never done an opossum release before.
    Any advises, cautions, do’s and dont’s will be highly appreciated.
    Troopers dad.
    I'd suggest shooting farm mom a pm, she does possies and could give you some pointers.
    '
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Thank you Stepnstone!

Trooper's dad
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    " When you save someone's life, you're responsible for theirs for the rest of yours" - Confucius
    Trooper's Troop: Plain, Rufina, Scratchy, Runty, Blackie, Beanie, Biff, PreetyBoy, Limpy, Jaws, Scarface, Badtail and Housemama
    Trooper's Story at: http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/interests/trooper-friends-9554554?vk=759PD8gn7A

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Trooper from:

stepnstone (06-25-2019)

Pictures of the canyon where I plan to release the opossums:
    Attached Images Attached Images