Thread: Our New Grey Squirrel

Threaded View

Default Our New Grey Squirrel

We've had "Tito" since just before Christmas when my husband tried to chase a tiny Squirrel back up an Oak Tree to save it from some feral cats. Well... it wouldn't budge... and instead walked right up to my husband and climbed onto his shoe. We took it home and have had this squirrel ever since.

Started Tito off in a large 4 level ferret cage feeding him fruits, nuts and rodent block. He's now just about full grown and can roam freely in our large screened-in outdoor covered deck. He loves me and I play with him and handle him just like I would play with a kitten. He tolerates my husband and daughter..... and hates strangers. We have 2 cats and Tito chases them back thru the cat door when they come out on the deck. We were originally worried about the cats hurting Tito but that's certainly not an issue.

A few weeks ago Tito found a weak spot high up in the corner of the enclosure and disappeared. We were quite sad and depressed but thought it was for the best since he must have wanted the freedom. Tito was gone all day and into the night. We had company that night and for some reason my husband went out to the screened-in deck. THERE WAS TITO.... clinging to the outside of the screen. He was circling around the perimeter of the deck trying to locate the hole he escaped from.

My wife stood on a barstool and waved her hand thru the hole and in he came. He ran to his open cage... and into his bed. The next day I had the screen repaired andName:  IMG_1935.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  90.5 KB
    Last edited by BellaOrlando; 04-03-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: add picture