Thread: Sneezing help

Question Sneezing help

Hello. I'm new to this site and I am raising my first orphaned squirrel. I acquired her 1 week ago, she was found in the street after a rain fall. I rehydrated her using Pedialyte and slowly introduced esbilac puppy formula over a few days. She is very active and eats about 3-4 MLS per feeding every 3-4 hrs with a small 1ml syringe. She has not aspirated. My first question is her respiratory rate is between 60-100 which seems fast but her lungs sound clear with no clicking noises. She does sneeze a few times a day even when not eating, should I be concerned? No fluid from her nostrils that I can tell. She also is not pooping but just twice per day. Her poop was dark in color but it is now the light brown, yellow color, no diarrhea. I've placed her in warm water a few times and stimulate her for sometimes 5 minutes. I also dilute her formula some between feedings or just give her Pedialyte. Any help would be great.

Default Re: Sneezing help

Can you tell us how old she is and what her weight is? That will help with feeding assistance. Not pooping every time she eats might just mean she needs a little more food per feeding and that info will help to determine that.

The snuffle and sneeze and snort a lot as babies.

She is 79 grams as of today and getting between 3-4 most every 3 to 4 hours. I'm thinking around 3 to 4 weeks. She has her lower incisors but that's all I really know.

Here is a pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rachell1983:

cava (03-22-2019), gunpackingrandma (03-20-2019), Mel1959 (03-21-2019), Nancy in New York (03-21-2019)

Eyes are still closed? We feed 5-7% of their weight at each feeding, gradually increasing that amount as they get older and want more. At 79gr 5-7% would be 4-5.5ml at each feeding. If your little one still acts hungry after consuming 4ml you can offer more in small increments.

Otherwise she looks good to me. So precious!

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

redwuff (03-21-2019)

Question Re: Sneezing help

I added in cream today and she opened her eyes last night. She still does this sneeze type thing and jerks around when she does almost like an uncontrollable spasm?? She is finally pooping regularly, I fed her water and apple juice in between feedings. The sneeze like spasm thing is weird though to me?