Thread: Just Verifying Formulas

Hybrid View

Default Just Verifying Formulas

My helper has :

2 pinkies approx. two weeks or less ( the ones the cat got), and a three week old ( uninjured) She had Fox Valley 32/40 on hand, and has had them all on it before I realized

Then she has two about 5 weeks old ; they are on 20/50; one is extremely stunted.

Should they all be switched to Esbilac?

Default Re: Just Verifying Formulas

The problem with 32/40 is that it turns GI system into cement. I would put all on Esbilac just to be on the safe side.

Sounds like the pinkies are doing well?
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

island rehabber (03-14-2019), Snicker Bar (03-14-2019)

Yes!! The one with pictures is thriving ! She has one however that is so tiny; see pics: it’s at least 5 weeks old but so scrawny and it’s head doesn’t look normal (?) to me? I may take it for the next few days just to lighten her load. Also monitoring the teeth; it looks like it could have an overbite but hard to tell just yet

.Name:  2B4395C8-9507-4059-AF5B-44A4114196CC.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  80.8 KB
    Name:  DAFACBE8-00C9-421A-88D7-11A878C6443A.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  90.1 KB
    Name:  3E590801-5360-4475-8CCB-2F9251ED2035.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  83.0 KB

She ( my helper ) has huge hands ha; but still, it looks way too small to have its eyes open, to me?? Came to her in poor shape, and is t thriving like it’s sibling (?twice it’s size and furring out). Got her some ultraboost today.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

GoldenEyes (03-14-2019)

As she puts on weight it will be easier to determine if she’s just a runt or a dwarf. I helped someone once that had one that looked like that. They said they couldn’t get her to eat. I kept her for about two weeks and fed her formula/Ultraboost combo and she began to put on weight and looked like a normal squirrel. This one may just be severely malnourished. She may never get as big as her sibling, though.

I’d feed every 2-3 hrs. Use the FV 20/50 or Esbilac mixed 50/50 with Ultraboost.

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Snicker Bar (03-14-2019)

Ok will do;

And HUGE edit... Meant the one with PUNCTURES is thriving ... Not this poor baby in the pics
    Need to clean my glasses

Hi Snicker Bar,

Can you tell us at what percent of the baby’s weight she is being fed? She looks like a malnourished baby, like she is not utilizing the formula she is eating. If I didn’t know it was you/ your vet tech taking care of her, I would swear it was a baby being fed canned Esbilac. She definitely needs nourishment/ calories.

Let me know feeding %, 5,7,9 %? My concern of adding 50% ultra boost to a formula that she seemingly can’t digest already makes me feel that this is going to be detrimental. Please know that I am just making an educated guess, I surely can’t say for sure. She is in rough shape, but not deadly yet. You do have a small amount of room with her condition If you feel you want to try the ultra boost, but make sure she gets weighed every day. If she does not start putting weigh on consider switching to the goats milk formula. It is a pain to make it but it does seem to do pretty good with babies that don’t seem to be digesting Esbilac.

Trysh
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

10. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

Mel1959 (03-15-2019), Snicker Bar (03-15-2019)