Thread: Anand

Anand Guest

Post Anand

I got one orphan baby squirrel from 3days when I got I made rehydrate and feed after 3 hours... I feed buffalo milk with little bit sugar milk and some water... It is very Fine and active But today it makes white Stool.. is it any problems

Default Re: Anand

Baby squirrels have problems with cow's milk, and I suspect the same may be true for buffalo.

Can you get goat's milk? We have a recipe using goats milk, yogurt and heavy cows cream that they seem to be able to tolerate.

I am not sure where you are. In the US we use a commercially made puppy formula - meant for puppies that lose their mom - for our squirrels, and that works great. Any chance you have access to puppy formula?

Quote Originally Posted by Anand View Post
    I got one orphan baby squirrel from 3days when I got I made rehydrate and feed after 3 hours... I feed buffalo milk with little bit sugar milk and some water... It is very Fine and active But today it makes white Stool.. is it any problems
    What type of squirrel is this?

Whitish stools sometimes happens from overfeeding. Feeding in generally done by weight (5% - 7% of body weight per feeding), which is the only good way to know they are not being fed too little or too much. Below is a chart that is helpful for determining feeding amounts.

Name:  FormulaFeedingChart.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  63.7 KB

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

island rehabber (03-13-2019)

Anand Guest

[QUOTE=CritterMom;1288500]Baby squirrels have problems with cow's milk, and I suspect the same may be true for buffalo.

I am from India...I located in village.. ya surely I can get goat milk... When I feed buffalo milk
    I boil milk every time..

Anand Guest

My baby is abt 2- 3 weeks.. brown baby.. I feed every 2.30 hour 1cc milk but today I took it out side in search of its Mother

Even tho you boil the buffalo milk, the baby won’t thrive on it.

The goats milk is a universal food. We would love to see a picture of your baby!
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Do they make cream from buffalo milk? We can help with a good formula with goats milk, the fatty cream, and yogurt for you if you can get the ingredients.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

redwuff (03-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Anand View Post
    My baby is abt 2- 3 weeks.. brown baby.. I feed every 2.30 hour 1cc milk but today I took it out side in search of its Mother
    You have had the baby for 3-4 days now. Most moms won’t take the baby back after that long. We can help you raise this baby if you can’t find its mommy. Just let us know. If you will raise it you will need a scale to weigh it on. A baby is fed an amount based on its weight each day.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.