Thread: Is there a basic book or PDF handout on Squirrel Rehab I can give to my vet?

Default Is there a basic book or PDF handout on Squirrel Rehab I can give to my vet?

I recently found a new vet that is willing to work with wildlife. He is pretty clueless when it comes to wildlife but is willing to learn. I told him I would send him some reading material on wildlife medicine. I mainly rehab squirrels so I wanted to give him some good info specifically on them. Can anyone suggest A simple basic book or any good reading material for vets?

Default Re: Is there a basic book or PDF handout on Squirrel Rehab I can give to my vet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shammie View Post
    I recently found a new vet that is willing to work with wildlife. He is pretty clueless when it comes to wildlife but is willing to learn. I told him I would send him some reading material on wildlife medicine. I mainly rehab squirrels so I wanted to give him some good info specifically on them. Can anyone suggest A simple basic book or any good reading material for vets?
    Wild Mammal Babies! The First 48 Hours and Beyond

https://www.squirrelsandmore.com/pro...nd-2nd-edition
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

HRT4SQRLS (03-05-2019), redwuff (03-06-2019), Spanky (03-05-2019)

Default Re: Is there a basic book or PDF handout on Squirrel Rehab I can give to my vet?

I would say that by far the book we use the most is:
    Wild Mammal Babies: The first 48 hrs and beyond 3rd edition It includes many different wildlife, not just squirrels.

It can be purchased at this website. https://www.squirrelsandmore.com/pro...nd-2nd-edition

If he purchases it, make sure he calls the order in. The website is not designed to calculate Media rate (book) postage. IF you order online the postage is VERY high. IF you call the order in they will use Media rate which is much cheaper.

Edit... Step posted it first.

5. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Nancy in New York (03-05-2019), redwuff (03-06-2019), stepnstone (03-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    Wild Mammal Babies! The First 48 Hours and Beyond

https://www.squirrelsandmore.com/pro...nd-2nd-edition
    I do have this book but it is pretty pricey to buy another one for him lol. I was hoping there was a more simple book on just squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammie View Post
    I do have this book but it is pretty pricey to buy another one for him lol. I was hoping there was a more simple book on just squirrels.
    Copy the squirrel sections and let him have that?

Hey Shammie... you could take a chance and buy raffle tickets for the 2019 Gathering,
    there are two WMB books being offered.

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...t=2019++raffle
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Nancy in New York (03-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    Hey Shammie... you could take a chance and buy raffle tickets for the 2019 Gathering,
    there are two WMB books being offered.

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...t=2019++raffle
    Oh nice, thank you!

Red face Re: Is there a basic book or PDF handout on Squirrel Rehab I can give to my vet?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Copy the squirrel sections and let him have that?
    Thank you! I think I'll copy this info as well as some other resources and just put something together myself to send to him.