Thread: PLEASE HELP- Sticky yellowish Poop, dehydrated?

Macylizt Guest

Exclamation PLEASE HELP- Sticky yellowish Poop, dehydrated?

A baby squirrel about 4-5 weeks fell out of our attic on 2/24. His eyes are still closed. I fed him Pedialyte for a day then started feeding him 2 cc puppy milk replacement every 3-4 hours. After I noticed his stools were soft, yellowish and sticky a few days ago, I began giving him 1-2 cc milk and 2 cc Pedialyte. The stool hasn’t fixed and it’s still like this. Don’t know what to do??

Default Re: PLEASE HELP- Sticky yellowish Poop, dehydrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Macylizt View Post
    A baby squirrel about 4-5 weeks fell out of our attic on 2/24. His eyes are still closed. I fed him Pedialyte for a day then started feeding him 2 cc puppy milk replacement every 3-4 hours. After I noticed his stools were soft, yellowish and sticky a few days ago, I began giving him 1-2 cc milk and 2 cc Pedialyte. The stool hasn’t fixed and it’s still like this. Don’t know what to do??

All puppy replacement milk is not equal. If it is not Esbilac, then that may be the problem. Their poo will turn more yellow / golden on Esbilac and that is okay.

For a 4 week + baby, 2ml every 3-4hours is probably too little formula. Feeding is based upon weight: Do you know the weight?

You should not give pedialyte and formula together.

Here is the correct formula:

Name:  CorrectEsbilac.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  149.9 KB

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

Rhapsody (03-02-2019)

Macylizt Guest

Question Re: PLEASE HELP- Sticky yellowish Poop, dehydrated?

Where can I buy esbilav? At the store or can I just order it online? He is 2.33 oz so I have begun feeding him 3.3 cc of milk. Also I can give him any Pedialyte? I thought he was dehydrated and high is why I was doin pedialyte, but should I stop using it completely? Thanks a bunch

Where can I buy esbilav? At the store or can I just order it online? He is 2.33 oz so I have begun feeding him 3.3 cc of milk. Also I can give him any Pedialyte? I thought he was dehydrated and high is why I was doin pedialyte, but should I stop using it completely? Thanks a bunch

You can buy the correct formula at most pet stores or on line like Amazon. If you have Prime it
    should arrive there by Tuesday. It's the one that Spanky listed.
    https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Ag-Esbila...gateway&sr=8-2
    Use the pedialyte for no more than 24 hours. IF he has diarrhea, you can go up to 48 hours,
    but NO LONGER than that.
    If he appears dehydrated, give him water with a touch of honey for taste instead of
    the pedialyte.
    As Spanky said do not mix the Pedialyte and the powdered formula together.
    Ideally after making the formula at 1 part powdered formula, to 2 parts HOT water,
    it should sit in the refrig. stirring occasionally for ~3 hours so it all dissolves.

The large chain pet stores (Petco, Petsmart) carry Esbilac, as does Tractor Supply (for a few $$ less than the others).

Macylizt Guest

Question Re: PLEASE HELP- Sticky yellowish Poop, dehydrated?

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    The large chain pet stores (Petco, Petsmart) carry Esbilac, as does Tractor Supply (for a few $$ less than the others).
    Wow thanks a bunch will he be ok until Tuesday when it comes in the mail?

Wow thanks a bunch will he be ok until Tuesday when it comes in the mail?
    Did you end up ordering it online? I’m not sure where in Florida you’re located but there are many members here. Maybe you’re close enough that someone could get you some Esbilac to hold you over till yours arrives.

I’m near Cocoa Beach Beach, Brevard County if I can help. Other members are near Lakeland and Tampa.

Macylizt Guest

I’m actually going to buy some at tractor supply today, thanks though! Do I keep giving him pedialyte or stop completely and just give him the milk?

I’m actually going to buy some at tractor supply today, thanks though! Do I keep giving him pedialyte or stop completely and just give him the milk?
    If you think he is dehydrated and the skin on the back of his neck stays up for more than ~3-4 seconds continue with the
    water and a touch of honey for taste in between feedings.
    IF he has diarrhea Pedialyte can be used up to 24-48 hours but NO longer.

Members who have read this thread: 1