Thread: Under 2 week old pinkie help weight

Default Under 2 week old pinkie help weight

I live in dayton and we recently experienced a wind storm. While pooper scooping the back yard a found an ice cold non moving pinkie. I think he fell over 12ft. After 5 mins under room temp water i felt a heart beat and it started to uncurl and move. I did research on care and began to rehydrate. I did so for 24hrs and then introduced formula slowly. We only had the goats milk formula powder. I used that until yesterday when i finally found the puppy powder formula with probs. Ive been doing 50/50 for a day in a half. Ive been weighing him the last 3 days and he has been fluctuating from 18-18.6g. Ive had him going on 9 days. He is using the restroom before and after feedings aswell. And everything seems normal.
    My question is if there anything better i can be doing? Should i eventually use just the puppy formula or keep the 50/50. I feel like he is skinny. Also he is eating about 1ml every 3ish hours.

Default Re: Under 2 week old pinkie help weight

Pinkies need to be fed every 2 hours, stimulated to p-poo after every feed.
    I would do 75-25 for a few feeds and then go full with the puppy esbilac.

Go to this link this is a HUGE help.
    It's 6 pages long with the next button on the top right corner.

http://www.henryspets.com/baby-squirrel-care/
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Iamtoenail (03-01-2019)

Default Re: Under 2 week old pinkie help weight

Okay cool thanks ill swith the ratio and go back to 2hr feedings. Should i continue 2hr feedings for another week or until he starts to gain weight. I found a chart online thats says if they are 2 weeks they should weigh in the 20-40g range. Also should i be doing pain water feedings aswell? Ive noticed he gets dry skin on his tail only but i tent test him often and his skin seems to react accordingly. Also should he be fed the straight ration of 1f:2w or deluted ontop of this.
    Thanks so much.