Hello,

Bitty (our NR 4 year old flying squirrel) is sick and was hoping someone could give insight at to what is going on with her.

Tonight, when I went to bring in her food dish is when I noticed something was way off. She looks like she is seizing. She moves her head to the side in the same motion. Her balance is off. She is disoriented. My husband held her and I was able to get 0.45cc's of a mixture of molasses, water and calcium.

I just don't believe she has MBD EVEN THOUGH she js showing the signs of it. I'm super strict with her diet. She gets 1 henrys healthy block along with veggies and a little fruit, chicken or ground turkey and occasional meal worms.

This reminds me of another adult flying squirrel that came to us a while back with the same symptoms. Our vet ran many tests and it turned out she was in kidney failure. We tried multiple treatments but she declined as the days went on. We dont know what caused her to have kidney failure. We ended up having to euthanize her.

Bitty is my world and Im struggling right now. She was 1 out of 11 babies and since the beginning we started bonding. She was the only one that didnt want to be released as all the others were released with no problems. My vet is not in tonight. Right now I have closed a large part of her cage off and she buried herself on the bottom of her cage under fleece.

Can anyone help or has anyone seen this in flyers before?