Thread: Vomit

Default Vomit

Hi Everyone, I am not sure what is going on, Moby was running around yesterday and he tried to stop but sled and hit part of his lower body on the corer of the door! he seemed fine, playing and running around, but later that day I got a small plant from Sprouts and he shewed on it, about an hour later he was vomiting a dark mustard like color, it was thick. I am very worried, he is acting fine still, I tried to feel his ribs and everything sounds in place, but on his right side there is something that feels like a tiny round dot (internal).. Folks I am not in a friendly state to see a vet, please keep that in mind when responding, thank you

Default Re: Vomit

First, What kind of plant? Toxic?

Secondly, it is possible he injured himself on the door. He could have bruised himself, perhaos even an organ like a stomach. The most important thing is to watch for any signs of internal bleeding. Keep track of his urine and poops. Watch out for any blood, it could look like typical red blood or more darkish, almost like black tar.

The round dot could be a blot clot caused by the trauma of hitting the door. If it is right under the skin, it will probably resolve on its own in a couple weeks (body slowly absorbs it over time).

In the short term, I would just hydrate him well and watch him carefully for any symptoms.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Diggie's Friend (02-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    First, What kind of plant? Toxic?

Secondly, it is possible he injured himself on the door. He could have bruised himself, perhaos even an organ like a stomach. The most important thing is to watch for any signs of internal bleeding. Keep track of his urine and poops. Watch out for any blood, it could look like typical red blood or more darkish, almost like black tar.

The round dot could be a blot clot caused by the trauma of hitting the door. If it is right under the skin, it will probably resolve on its own in a couple weeks (body slowly absorbs it over time).

In the short term, I would just hydrate him well and watch him carefully for any symptoms.
    Hey TubeDrive,

I am watching very closely, all seems fine, he is eating and drinking normally, Water is changed twice a day as well. He is active and now he is in battle with a black walnut.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RamiS from:

TubeDriver (02-25-2019)

What was the plant you gave him?

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Diggie's Friend (02-25-2019)

I would like to know what this leafy green was also, whether it was from the grocery, or a potted plant perhaps?

Raw greens can be irritating to the stomach, as most contain higher levels of Oxalic acid that can cause irritation and damage to the good gut flora in the intestinal tract, and also cause gas to be produced in the Gastrointestinal tract upon their digestion. .

I recommend you get Pet Flora Available on Amazon.com, two companies produce a produce with the same name, just one is more potent than the other, which means more reducing of the source by measure.

Pet Flora by Vitality science has a formula that is lower in dose noted for cats only by size, not species, as this is for all animals that the company related to me when I asked about that issue.

The capsule contains 250 mg. reduce to 1/64 Tsp. daily added to a food like organic baked squash or organic plain yogurt with no sugars, real or artificial added.

https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Flora-cap...A1GT25W1S6KSUK

I would like to know what this leafy green was also, since raw greens can be irritating to the stomachwhich upon digestion can produce gas,

and may contain higher levels of Oxalic acid that may cause irritation and even damage to the good gut flora in the intestinal tract if there is

insufficient support of good gut flora in the diet to support sufficient digestion of this anti-nutrient.

I recommend you get Pet Flora Available on Amazon.com. Two companies produce a produce a produce with the same name and same list of

probiotic soil based gut flora. One is is more potent than the other, which means more reducing of the source by measure.

Pet Flora by Vitality science has a formula that is lower in dose noted for cats only by size, not species, as this is for all animals that this

company related to me when I asked about that issue.

The capsule contains 250 mg. reduce to 1/64 Tsp. daily added to a food like organic baked squash or organic plain yogurt with no sugars,

real or artificial added.

https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Flora-cap...A1GT25W1S6KSUK

Make sure he does not have access to that plant! Glad to hear he is sounding better!

Quote Originally Posted by RamiS View Post
    Hey TubeDrive,

I am watching very closely, all seems fine, he is eating and drinking normally, Water is changed twice a day as well. He is active and now he is in battle with a black walnut.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead