Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lethargic baby

Default Re: Lethargic baby

She's precious. So glad that she is feeling better.
    Why did they all have baths?

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

HalokaKana (02-17-2019), TubeDriver (02-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    She's precious. So glad that she is feeling better.
    Why did they all have baths?
    They seem to get dirty after a few days. I assumed it's bc they pee/poop in their beds sometimes so I just put them in a warm bath to wash it off every now and then. Is that OK to do? I judt use water, no soap or anything

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HalokaKana from:

Rocky1 (02-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by HalokaKana View Post
    They seem to get dirty after a few days. I assumed it's bc they pee/poop in their beds sometimes so I just put them in a warm bath to wash it off every now and then. Is that OK to do? I judt use water, no soap or anything
    Very good question. Yes, and it might be wise to use blue Dawn dish detergent as soap (the original Dawn) which is what I believe most people use on squirrels, if possible. To properly qualify this, I'm not entirely sure that the type of soap matters, but it might, so I thought I'd pass along that information.

And to my understanding, it might be very important, very important, to keep water away from the nose and mouth. Squirrels are extremely sensitive to inhaled water which often causes terrible cases of pneumonia. If you accidentally get water in that area and then hear clicking or rattling, make sure to let us know. If it were me, I would not get water anywhere near the head.

All that being said, I welcome any of the actual rehabbers to correct any of this information. If they do, I might learn something new as well. I'm not a rehabber but just a long time member.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rocky1 from:

HalokaKana (02-17-2019)

Oh yeah, I only ever put them in up to their chest, never their head. Warm water seems to do the job, so I don't really need soap. But if doing a warm water bath is bad for some reason someone let me know

Hi everyone, just wanted to post an update that everyone is doing very well! They are getting wild! Also they're starting to eat solid foods!
    They've got their rodent blocks and I am going to get them a variety of veggies today yayy
    Name:  20190314_165113.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  142.8 KB
    Name:  20190314_165223.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  149.9 KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123