Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help 3 1/2 year old grey throwing up

Default Re: Help 3 1/2 year old grey throwing up

Do you have access to a vet that could run a fecal test? I’m wondering if she could possibly have a stomach infection like Giardia, especially when you mentioned the stinky diarrhea earlier in the week. When my Lenny was vomiting it was also foamy. He was treated for a stomach infection and parasites as well. Praying your little Allie will feel better soon.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

2. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lennysmom:

Crystal (01-21-2019), GoldenEyes (01-21-2019), Grinderhead (01-21-2019), lukaslolamaus (01-20-2019), Mel1959 (01-21-2019), Nancy in New York (01-22-2019), TubeDriver (01-21-2019)

Just a very wild guess here... could she have a piece of grape skin stuck in her throat? Mayve trying to offer a small piece of block or such... something that could gently scrape it off...

I know, it sounds crazy and sorry if I'm making no sense but just trying to help....

Hami had gotten hold of an old aunt trap one and did end up with a huge glob of dried poop on his rear end, blocking his little anus.... and he was throwing up and throwing up. I managed to clean him up and flush it tout... liquids, liquids, liquids and lots of rest.

Hoping the best for your little one.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

4. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Scooterzmom:

Crystal (01-21-2019), GoldenEyes (01-21-2019), Mel1959 (01-21-2019), Nancy in New York (01-22-2019), TubeDriver (01-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterzmom View Post
    Just a very wild guess here... could she have a piece of grape skin stuck in her throat? Mayve trying to offer a small piece of block or such... something that could gently scrape it off...

I know, it sounds crazy and sorry if I'm making no sense but just trying to help....

Hami had gotten hold of an old aunt trap one and did end up with a huge glob of dried poop on his rear end, blocking his little anus.... and he was throwing up and throwing up. I managed to clean him up and flush it tout... liquids, liquids, liquids and lots of rest.

Hoping the best for your little one.

Honestly a bit of what she threw up looked like grape skin so you may be on to something. Thank you!!!

6. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Crystal:

lennysmom (01-21-2019), Nancy in New York (01-22-2019), SammysMom (01-21-2019), TubeDriver (01-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by lennysmom View Post
    Do you have access to a vet that could run a fecal test? I’m wondering if she could possibly have a stomach infection like Giardia, especially when you mentioned the stinky diarrhea earlier in the week. When my Lenny was vomiting it was also foamy. He was treated for a stomach infection and parasites as well. Praying your little Allie will feel better soon.
    She had a physical 2 weeks ago. All was good then, although I know things can change in 1 day.

8. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Crystal:

GoldenEyes (01-22-2019), lennysmom (01-21-2019), Mel1959 (01-21-2019)

Update: Day 3 Still very weak. Been forcing fluids and crushed nuts, a little apple and a little cucumber, for fluids and nutrients. Sleeping most of the day and being held a lot. You know when your sick how you want mama and daddy.....will keep posted.

10. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Crystal:

GoldenEyes (01-22-2019), Scooterzmom (01-22-2019), TubeDriver (01-22-2019)

Keep up the hydration. Maybe switch over to regular or sweetened water. How are pees and poops?

If she is constipated and not pooping, a drop of mineral oil orally would coat her stomach and GI tract and help flush out any grape skin obstruction.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

GoldenEyes (01-22-2019), lennysmom (01-22-2019)

Again, just throwing spaghetti on the wall to see what may stick, I guess but...

Maybe you want to check her lower abdomen and around her anus to see if by chance it feels hard there.

Sorry for the graphic detaills here but... When Hami had his ant trap episode what followed his diarrhea was bad constipation - it felt like it was impacted and treating him with vaseline, both my mouth and around his anus - along with lots and lots of hydration of course - it finally allowed him to evacuate it all.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

14. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Scooterzmom:

lennysmom (01-22-2019), Mel1959 (01-23-2019), TubeDriver (01-22-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12