Views: 90
Size:  70.0 KB
    Name:  D0F10707-448C-48FF-8B61-09E3E5F20912.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  73.7 KB
    Name:  C577F22B-5C09-439E-B1FB-8247BA62CEF5.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  61.7 KB

Sorry the pics may be blurry, she hates pictures of her teeth. Do you see the color difference that is happening ( again ) on her uppers? The left one is turning pure white again. The last time this happened, it came up missing ( fell out?). It grew back , but soon it began irritating her lower lip. Only this upper tooth does this, and when I begin the trims it seems to trigger it to turn white . What does this mean? Both her uppers look yuck to me, but is that dark brown ( the upper right) normal ? I rarely have to trim it. Both the lowers have been a nightmare since she came, but thankfully my skill finally seems to be improving. We still get a tinge if blood sometimes, but not the splits. The pink on the inside just grows so long and fast, with the teeth. It’s nearly impossible to get her 5-7 days of comfort eating, without trimming into that blood supply. Poor Doodles; we are just doing best can here , but do others see this color stuff with their frequently trimmed malocclusions?

Default Re: Her Teeth Again

Is it the bottom tooth rubbing the exterior color off of the tooth that is turning white?
    Last edited by SammysMom; 01-20-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SammysMom from:

Snicker Bar (01-20-2019)

No..Her “ normal “ teeth alignment is like what I call a parrot mouth. They don’t even rub each other . The lowers will bore into her palate , and that one incisor over time, will start to make a sore on her lower lip. Apparently she had multiple jaw fractures when she came as a baby. I can feel the callouses in her jaw bones

Oh that poor girlie squirrelie...

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SammysMom from:

Snicker Bar (01-20-2019)

Poor baby
    Gemma's teeth were misaligned due to a broken jaw, but none of her teeth ever did this.
    Gemma's top and bottom teeth were trimmed by her vet every 2 weeks.

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lukaslolamaus from:

Snicker Bar (01-20-2019)

White squirrel teeth are not healthy regardless of the orientation. I don't have nearly the experience as you do with trimming but I would try to trim as infrequently as possible. I wonder if the tooth would get healthier if it could grow more? I think trimmings are always tramatic to the tooth itself, even though it is necessary. But obviously the tooth can not be allowed to over grow and create issues. Poor girl, She is lucky to have you.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

10. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

lukaslolamaus (01-20-2019), Snicker Bar (01-20-2019)

I guess my predicament is the lowers can’t wait more than 5-7 days before they start hurting the roof of her mouth. Maybe I can try just filing that one tooth. Just didn’t understand what the white color means .

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

lukaslolamaus (01-20-2019)

Sammy will be three in July and I’ve trimmed his teeth since he was about two months old. At least the bottom ones. Once they turned the orange color I’ve never seen them turn white with the acception of when one of the lowers and the opposite upper broke/disappeared. Poor baby.

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Sammy's TSB Thread Marvin and Charlie's TSB Thread Sadie's TSB Thread

14. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jen413:

lukaslolamaus (01-20-2019), Snicker Bar (01-20-2019)

Maybe we can come to the southern version of the “Gathering of Nuts”, and make an appointment with Dr. Emerson. Just want to avoid surgery if possible, due to her neurological ( head injury) stuff. But then wonder if pulling them would be best. Guess will monitor and see if it stops growing this time. And maybe will try a file ; but the bottom ones wiggle too much to file, it would seem.

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

Scooterzmom (01-21-2019)

Do you have xrays of her head? Have you ever shown them to Dr. E?

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    Maybe we can come to the southern version of the “Gathering of Nuts”, and make an appointment with Dr. Emerson. Just want to avoid surgery if possible, due to her neurological ( head injury) stuff. But then wonder if pulling them would be best. Guess will monitor and see if it stops growing this time. And maybe will try a file ; but the bottom ones wiggle too much to file, it would seem.
    The bottom teeth do move, normally, parting and coming together again. It freaked me out so much when I saw that happen the first time.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    I think a trip to Florida and a visit to Dr. E would be a great idea. . It would be wonderful to see you and if you need somewhere to stay you’re welcome to stay with us. . I’m not exactly sure when The Celebration will be, but typically the beginning of May.

It would be interesting to hear what Dr. E has to say about that tooth. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard her address that issue. I believe she intends to come to The Celebration, if her work schedule allows it.

20. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

SammysMom (01-21-2019)