Thread: Tip of Jasmines Tale Feels Really Thick

Default Tip of Jasmines Tale Feels Really Thick

Maybe this is normal but I never noticed it when she didn’t have the long hair on tail. But the top of her tail is thicker than the rest of her tail. Not the hair but the fleshy part. Is this normal? Today she has not been herself. She is always going but today aand tonight all she wants to do is sit on the curtains. Hoping she isn’t getting sick. She is about 4 months old.

Default Re: Tip of Jasmines Tale Feels Really Thick

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzis Mom View Post
    Maybe this is normal but I never noticed it when she didn’t have the long hair on tail. But the top of her tail is thicker than the rest of her tail. Not the hair but the fleshy part. Is this normal? Today she has not been herself. She is always going but today aand tonight all she wants to do is sit on the curtains. Hoping she isn’t getting sick. She is about 4 months old.
    Can you post a picture so we can see what you are seeing to hopefully address the situation with her tail?
    Proper nutrition is very important for these babies, many health issues including those with skin and fur can
    often be associated to a diet without the nutritional balance of a squirrel's daily requirements.
    What formula has she been fed and what does her daily diet consist of?
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

island rehabber (01-09-2019)

Default Re: Tip of Jasmines Tale Feels Really Thick

It isn’t something you can see on her tail. It is something I feel. Her bony fleshy part of tail is small and round getting smaller to the tip. The tip of tail maybe 1/8 of inch is bigger more fleshy rounded. My only theory is this makes it easier for her to flip her tail? It doesn’t seem to hurt her at all. Fur is totally covering it. No fur missing. Today she played all around my house for a good hour. Now resting. Destroyed my sons laundry basket within a matter of minutes. I think I have house squirrel proof and she still finds stuff to chew on.