Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr squirrel

Default Mr squirrel

Hi all first want to say I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and happy New Years. So now to this precious boy. He was hit by a car and pretty much healed from it but I am 99%sure it left him blind. So that being said he needs a forever home to save his life. If I can’t find someone to take him I will have no choice but to uthanize. I am in soo much distress over this because he is fine otherwise. I can not keep him I have no room for another and can’t afford it. So if anyone can help save him or know someone close by please let me know. I am in South Carolina. He is I’m guessing close to a yr old and he has chattered and flickers his tail but has not tried to bite. I am guessing from fear. So please can anyone help save his life. I call him mr squirrel more so mr.

Default Re: Mr squirrel

Hi just updat mr squirrel is doing great getting more comfortable with being handled and blind. And well loves his food. He is very smart also. I am happy just hate he is blind

Here is mr. he is sleeping in that precious ball of fur and then I woke him and as u see he don’t like that lol but look how he is listening. Look at his ears lol. I call him mr and he knows that name. He will make a great addition to someone’s family. Name:  9518B5D6-1E44-436F-A6AF-C8A12EFDDB48.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  148.3 KB. Name:  6013FAF8-B4B1-4EFF-881C-4B78E3E0FF18.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  168.3 KB

4. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jbtartell:

GoldenEyes (01-21-2019), Nancy in New York (01-09-2019), SammysMom (01-09-2019), TubeDriver (01-09-2019)

How old do you think Mr Squirrel is?
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

I think she said he is about a year.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SammysMom from:

TubeDriver (01-09-2019)

Name:  php5TwLoFPM.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  24.2 KB

He's precious, he looks like he'd make someone a good cuddle buddy.
    I hope he can be placed.

Has his eyes/sight been checked out?
    Will you be coming to Gathering?
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

GoldenEyes (01-21-2019)

is definitely blind. Did the light test and touch tested. No dialation at all. I wish soo much I could afford him cause I’m already in love with him but I can’t money here is way right. Danger of being put down is off table I can’t do that to him unless he was hurting and could not eat or drink on his own and as u see he can. Here is a pic of him eating henry block. He loves them soo much. I will be making a vet appointment after next week but I know what she is going to say. And well I can’t do it. He isn’t mean or frail or in pain healthy other than eyes.

Name:  67008283-FE7B-48F6-9E04-CB90621BC815.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  136.5 KBName:  B1952107-4C14-4F59-AE3A-32F1E2418EFD.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  152.4 KB

11. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jbtartell:

GoldenEyes (01-21-2019), stepnstone (01-10-2019), TubeDriver (01-10-2019)

Well. Ummm I got initiated this morning lol . Mr. peed out of cage and well a direct hit down my shirt. He hears very well. I was feeding hope and saying mr mr and he come out found my voice and peed out. Yep he did. Could have been worse cause he is on top of hopes cage. He could have hit me between the eyes. Lol so I guess if I’m going to call his name I need to feed him 1st. Lol

13. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jbtartell:

GoldenEyes (01-21-2019), island rehabber (01-11-2019), TubeDriver (01-11-2019)

You are now the property of a squirrel!

Quote Originally Posted by jbtartell View Post
    Well. Ummm I got initiated this morning lol . Mr. peed out of cage and well a direct hit down my shirt. He hears very well. I was feeding hope and saying mr mr and he come out found my voice and peed out. Yep he did. Could have been worse cause he is on top of hopes cage. He could have hit me between the eyes. Lol so I guess if I’m going to call his name I need to feed him 1st. Lol

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Diggie's Friend (01-26-2019)

Lol yep a blind one at that lol never expected a blind one to be so accurate lol

He loves carrots. My friend Tara came for a visit yesterday and wrangled him down lol she is amazing she has only raised 1 squirrel but she handled him like a pro. He did try to bit but she said he don’t bit hard. And then he laid in her arms and she rubbed him all over. And he was loving it. I wanna do that with him but I am scared we will bond and we should not with me looking for him a forever home. I may also be wrong about his age too looking at his teeth yesterday he is probably about 6 months. But hey who’s counting right he is a beautiful boyName:  image.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  109.7 KB[ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

18. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jbtartell:

GoldenEyes (01-21-2019), SammysMom (01-15-2019), stepnstone (01-13-2019)

Mr squirrel has apt at vet in morning I will update as soon as I know something

20. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jbtartell:

SammysMom (01-15-2019), stepnstone (01-14-2019), TubeDriver (01-14-2019)

Well Mr squirrel is home and back in his cage. So the verdic is he can’t see. He can how ever she some light. This is through the bottom of eyes. He also has a broken insizer. She said it will grow out and correct itself. She is thinking his retinas are pulled loose and that is what is wrong with his eyes and she also said he is not in any pain she suspected he may have Nero issue but not bad. She said he needs time to see how much he can heal from it. Definitely not releasable. I will be giving him the time he needs and still looking for a forever home.

22. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jbtartell:

GoldenEyes (01-15-2019), Mel1959 (01-15-2019), SammysMom (01-15-2019), TubeDriver (01-15-2019), Vox (01-15-2019)

Well Mr squirrel is doing great. I am going to start trying to work with him to tame home to be held. I can pet him but holding is a different story lol he freaks out some. So any input on getting him not scared of being held would be a great help.

24. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jbtartell:

GoldenEyes (01-16-2019), TubeDriver (01-16-2019)

iambuddy Guest

Hello. Just read your post. What a precious little boy. My fiance and I have been caring for a male squirrel since March 2018. His name is Buddy. He bonded with my fiance as I was working when we first found him. He was only about 4 weeks when we found him. Our outdoor cat killed his mother the night before and he fell out of the nest the next day. He had fur but his eyes were not open yet. He saw my fiance first so he thinks he is his mother. He can do anything with Buddy and not get bit but with me, it's a different story. He likes to play with me but I have to wear gloves and long sleeves and a hat to protect my head. He really likes being on top on your head and rubbing his belly on your hair so he gets mad when I'm wearing a hat. I've gotten bit by him so many times but I love the little guy so much. We don't know how he is going to act once Spring comes. He stays inside and has his cage but he also has outdoor time on the screened in back porch but he is tearing it up by chewing on the wood. I've seen a couple blind squirrels on Instagram and it will take time for him to trust another human. I wish we were closer cause we would take him but don't know how he would act with our squirrel. For all we know, once Spring comes, he might actually succeed in getting out of the back porch to chase a female and not come back. I wish I could be of more help to you but you are being such a angel for keeping him safe for now. I will check around Instagram with my squirrel friends and see if they can help find him a forever home and like I said, if we were closer, we would take him and give him a forever home. We are in Birmingham, Alabama. How is he doing now?

26. Serious fuzzy thank you's to iambuddy from:

GoldenEyes (01-21-2019)

Mr squirrel is very smart. I can pet him all over as long as he is eating but if I try to pick him up he try’s to bite. I am going to start to force the issue so he can be handled such a sweet boy. I have not handled him for the fact of him healing and I don’t want to stress him more. He bonded some with me during recovery the first week so he knows me and my voice. But he is an adult wild squirrel and never was handled until he was hit by a car so it will just take some time and persistence on my side and some trust from him and we will have it.no telling how long that will take But until then I hope he don’t bite me hard . And as for ur baby I’m as soon as he decides and figures out that the screen can be chewed through it will only be a few seconds and he will be out. A friend of mine had one do this. So she took 1/2inch hardware cloth over the inside of her porch so it did not look bad on outside and her babies could not chew out or other wilds could not chew in for the food. And it did not look so bad on inside either. as far as Mr squirrel goes I would love to be able to give him that forever home but I already have analiese and hope. And I am a rehabber all yr so it is hard to afford to and have the room to have another nonrelease.

28. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jbtartell:

GoldenEyes (01-21-2019), TubeDriver (01-21-2019)

Well mr is still blind and has tolerated me holding him. Yayy

30. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jbtartell:

GoldenEyes (01-25-2019), stepnstone (01-25-2019)

Well he got me grrr
    Name:  F974FF8C-1F05-44D7-85DA-97374A7AD4E5.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  90.8 KB

Aww... Hope it heals fast. Since he can't really see, it might take a lot longer for him to settle down and get comfortable with people and locations.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtartell View Post
    Well he got me grrr
    Name:  F974FF8C-1F05-44D7-85DA-97374A7AD4E5.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  90.8 KB

-Grateful Dead

Yes true I can pet him while he is eating with ease but no other time. Lol but holding him is tuff. But he is content in his cage. Will come out when called and eats good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast