Thread: Anyone need a squirrel sibling?

allertonsquirrel Guest

Default Anyone need a squirrel sibling?

I have a 12 week old squirrel. Her name is Pumpkin. I’m very attached to her and she to me but I fear she is very lonely. I’ve been increasingly been getting more busy and I don’t want her to be unhappy. It’s a really hard decision for me and I love her so much but I feel she would live a better life if someone was able to spend more time with her and who possibly had other squirrels as well. I live in Tampa, FL. If anyone is interested in adopting her please let me know.

Default Re: Anyone need a squirrel sibling?

Bumping. Most squirrels are somewhat solitary in nature, they will bond to a single human but are not likely to get along with other squirrels. Another option if she is healthy, would be to perform a soft-release. This is a process taking 3-5 weeks where the squirrel is moved to an outdoor cage and allowed to slowly wild up before releasing.

Here are details for soft release if this is an option.

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-How-to-Sticky

Squirrels really are happy when they are free and in the trees and they will often stick around your yard and continue to be a friend although it is on their terms!
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

lukaslolamaus (12-27-2018), redwuff (12-28-2018)

Default Re: Anyone need a squirrel sibling?

Check your PM's.
    We have a single similar age.
    It's a little late in the game but they may accept each other with a slow process.

They can then be released together. They really do much better through the stresses of a release with a partner.
    Proud Squaddy to Pee Wee Squirrel, Lebron, Marino, Griese, Csonka, Patty, Sneezy, Grumpy, Shortcake, Trixie, Stinky, Hooty, Chewey, Bucky,Peyton, Dash, Braveheart, Thelma & Louise, Plumpkin & Spice, Nemo & Dori, the three little bears Smoky, Yogi and Booboo.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Coralreefer from:

stepnstone (01-07-2019)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.