Thread: See skull rads , any sign odontoma?

Default See skull rads , any sign odontoma?

Here are pics of Doodles I took today, after found her left upper incisors missing. She’s 3 years old and after jaw fractures healed, her teeth are severely malocclused and require trimming literally every 5-7 days or they bore into her palate. My skill is not so good but lately I’ve managed to do some neater trim jobs ; having my husband sharpen the tools every other trim. But these are her first pics as recommended per Hrt4squirrels , that we can use as a reference. I stink at reading skull rads lol so if anyone here sees anything concerning I will e mail them for a consult . That left tooth remnant looks pretty ugly

Milo's Mom is offline Permitted Pennsylvania Wildlife Rehabilitator

Default Re: See skull rads , any sign odontoma?

No pics attached?

Top-quality custom cage gear, accessories, blankets, & toys.
    Boutique items are fun, unique, and anything but ordinary.

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

Name:  8360E94E-CFDF-4832-815C-7FFD44D81960.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  111.8 KB
    Name:  B4723EF6-278D-4944-9A91-24C93D63EF11.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  113.8 KB
    Name:  70452660-1C36-4DB2-B942-D7D92AB63B8F.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  94.1 KB

Are these views ok for what need to see? Scared to gas her

Milo's Mom is offline Permitted Pennsylvania Wildlife Rehabilitator

With my limited knowledge I don't see anything alarming, right now. To me, it appears that the tooth broke off right at the gum line and should grow back without too much issue. I do question if the broken tooth has an additional break further up.

I have a HBC in right now that had both of her top teeth broken off just below the gum line and breaks to her zygomatic arches (confirmed with x-rays). Within 2 weeks time they were both growing back beautifully.

If the tooth doesn't grow back it means whatever trauma happened to break the tooth also damaged the root bud...and then there's the likelihood of an elodontoma developing.

Disclaimer: I am not a vet and I have no formal training in reading x-rays. My comments are based simply on my experience and discussing numerous films with my vet.

Top-quality custom cage gear, accessories, blankets, & toys.
    Boutique items are fun, unique, and anything but ordinary.

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Milo's Mom from:

Snicker Bar (12-23-2018)

Name:  D5DEF514-2ED8-4B97-A6F5-9A55D1D5AFB3.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  97.4 KB

Thank you Milo’s Mom I know you and others have dealt with these; vets here know NOTHING about squirrels, with maybe (?) the exception of the new one who treated Hunny Bun. I’ll run these pics by her if they’re open tomorrow, but I doubt she’s done an odontoma work up . This is what her gumline looks like today; she’s still eating, but it looks nastier today to me, than yesterday . Still wait on meds? She weighs 630g

Off subject ; but thank you again MM ( and your Canadian rabbit friend) who were so kind and helpful with my Hunny Bunny. Sadly we lost him 3/4 weeks ago to cance. Miss him terribly; still planning to post pics in his memory when I can gather them from our computer .

If the area of trauma is looking angry I wouldn't wait. I would start Clavamox. What size tablets do you have or maybe the liquid?

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Snicker Bar (12-23-2018), stepnstone (12-23-2018)

I have all sizes at office but here at house I have some 125 mg tabs if that’s not too strong to work with? Also Meloxicam suspension, and Clindamycin 25 mg/ml