Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injury, blood on nose, bad breathing

Default Re: Injury, blood on nose, bad breathing

She is refusing pain meds since last night, but doesn't seem to be in pain like when she first got home. Her nose does look swollen, but if she is refusing, I really don't want to force her. I think keeping her stress at minimum and letting her sleep is number one and getting her to eat more is the second priority.

Let me know please if anyone has thoughts on this. I am always open to hear suggestions

Found a winning food combination!

Little bit of water, chia seeds, HHB, peanut butter, coconut oil, honey

Mashed it altogether and heated slightly to make a mush. She is eating now. We'll see how much she gets through. I'm hopeful she can eat 2-3 blocks this way tomorrow.

Didn't get a weight today... She is more feisty and not very motivated by food. She hasn't eaten much, still mostly wants yogurt, but does eat some block mixture and is drinking water. Her poops are normal. She is acting more like herself and her breathing sounds better daily. No weird discharge from her nose, just some snot occasionally. It's pretty dry looking, but I am leaving it alone. She is sensitive about it and doesn't want me to mess with it of course. She sleeps, she grumps at me for waking her, she pulls the curtain over her doorway to say, "Leave me alone, I am sleeping." I check her periodically and she stays warm in her nest.

I feel like she is feeling better lately. She is not as intent on cuddling with me like she does when she feels scared or bad. At first, she did not want to leave my shirt. Now, she only goes in for a minute and prefers her nest.

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    Hi Spanky, SD did let me know and I adjusted the dose this morning.

SquirrelDad, your little girl is the same weight as my little downs/dwarf boy and I think he is tiny. I have to tell you that I am just a bit wigged out that you released her at that size. Here is my boy

Attachment 306758

Oh Redwuff, he is beeeuuuutiifuuuullll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelDad View Post
    Found a winning food combination!

Little bit of water, chia seeds, HHB, peanut butter, coconut oil, honey

Mashed it altogether and heated slightly to make a mush. She is eating now. We'll see how much she gets through. I'm hopeful she can eat 2-3 blocks this way tomorrow.
    How did this mixture go over? If she isn’t eating block try putting some coconut oil on it to soften it. If you have Esbilac or Fox Valley formula you can also soften the block with that. Or better yet, grind up some block and add it to the combination above, if she’s eating it. Also add in some dry formula to the above mixture. These are all suggestions to hide some more nutritious ingredients in something she’s willing to consume.

I apologize if all of these things were suggested. I didn’t read from the beginning of your thread.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

SquirrelDad (12-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    How did this mixture go over? If she isn’t eating block try putting some coconut oil on it to soften it. If you have Esbilac or Fox Valley formula you can also soften the block with that. Or better yet, grind up some block and add it to the combination above, if she’s eating it. Also add in some dry formula to the above mixture. These are all suggestions to hide some more nutritious ingredients in something she’s willing to consume.

I apologize if all of these things were suggested. I didn’t read from the beginning of your thread.
    It worked! She finally started eating and is gaining weight again. Her nose is clear now too, the scab came off and it's perfect healthy pink skin. She is eating 2-3 blocks now, 2 in the mixture and one on its own. As well as yogurt and baby foods.

Tomorrow, I'll just give one block in the mixture and two regular because she seems to want to chew it now.

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SquirrelDad:

redwuff (12-07-2018), SammysMom (12-07-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12