Thread: NEED HELP ASAP FOUND A HURT GRAY SQUIRREL MAULED BY CAT

nursebeeh Guest

Exclamation NEED HELP ASAP FOUND A HURT GRAY SQUIRREL MAULED BY CAT

Hello, my name is Brooke. I live in Portland Oregon in Ladds Addition. I came home to find the neighbors cat with a squirrel. The squirrel tried to run away but it appears that its left arm may be broken and keeping it from being able to do so. I was able to pick it up with a blanket and have it in a carrier in my room where it is dark and warm. Its alert but appears hurt and scared and is currently just laying in a little ball. It was able to move its tail and back legs when I found it so I don't think its paralyzed but truthfully as I don't know much about squirrels( was referred here by the squirrel guy) I just don't know how badly its hurt and don't know much about how to care for it. I have 4 cats of my own and can't keep the squirrel for rehabilitation because I fear they will hurt it. I need help ASAP. Every vet and other animal resource I've called has either been closed or has said they will put the animal down. My phone number is (209) 601-5011 please call me asap if you can help!

Default Re: NEED HELP ASAP FOUND A HURT GRAY SQUIRREL MAULED BY CAT

Hi Brooke, you have an awesome rehab center just north of you in Vancouver.
    Here is the link. https://squirrelrefuge.org/page45.html

Give them a call. He is a member here and is the BEST. He will tell you what to do.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Diggie's Friend (11-24-2018), stepnstone (11-24-2018)

nursebeeh Guest

I called that number a little over an hour ago and left a message. Hopefully I'll hear something back soon ):

I am sending you Duckman's phone number and his email address.
    He is the member here that HRT4SQRLS is referring to in her post above(squirrel refuge).

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

HRT4SQRLS (11-24-2018), stepnstone (11-24-2018)

nursebeeh Guest

Thank you so much! I called and am going to take the squirrel to him now! I really appreciate the help thank you so much!

8. 9 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to nursebeeh:

cava (11-24-2018), Diggie's Friend (11-24-2018), HRT4SQRLS (11-24-2018), kathy291 (11-25-2018), Mel1959 (11-24-2018), Nancy in New York (11-24-2018), SammysMom (11-24-2018), stepnstone (11-24-2018), TubeDriver (11-25-2018)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.