Thread: Probably need to send babies to someone else for overwintering

Default Probably need to send babies to someone else for overwintering

I'm in a tough spot. I have no income and have been spending donated money and anything I can get together on the squirrels... Now I have run out. I have only four days of blocks left and not sure how to make money for more. Working on getting an income, but don't think I can in time for them. We are moving from here and they have damaged the landlord's house already, I don't know how to explain it to him... Last thing I want is for the babies to be in trouble over this.

If anyone is nearby enough... Maybe someone else can take them ? Any suggestions are appreciated, I'm just at a loss and don't know what to do for them. They are big, 13 weeks old and healthy.

Default Re: Probably need to send babies to someone else for overwintering

Wish I could help you. Getting them all the way up here would not be a good idea anyway, I'm afraid. I hope someone here can offer your babies a nice, safe haven for the winter.

Maybe we can get something going to buy you blocks at least. Maybe admins could take a look at that option?
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterzmom View Post
    Wish I could help you. Getting them all the way up here would not be a good idea anyway, I'm afraid. I hope someone here can offer your babies a nice, safe haven for the winter.

Maybe we can get something going to buy you blocks at least. Maybe admins could take a look at that option?
    I feel like such a bum doing it, but in the end my mom bought blocks for them (this time.) We should have food for a while, but truth be told, I feed them out of my own personal food. It's not that bad, but that's the situation. Hopefully, I'm just overreacting due to stress and can sort out an income soon. I know it would be very hard on them (not to mention me) to be moved at this point since they definitely see me as "mom" and are getting more and more wild every day.

Prayers are appreciated !! That really is a big help.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SquirrelDad from:

Snicker Bar (11-18-2018)

Memphis is a big area; and they have an awesome zoo! Been there many times with my kids. I’m sure if you called The Memphis Zoo they could hook you up with some quality rehabbers ! Try them , and see what contacts you can get. If that doesn’t work,PM me and I may know one or two here you could use. We aren’t far from you. And I’ve found a couple new rehabbers that may be able to take some. But I bet the zoo could hook you up with some good folks

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Snicker Bar from:

Scooterzmom (11-18-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    Memphis is a big area; and they have an awesome zoo! Been there many times with my kids. I’m sure if you called The Memphis Zoo they could hook you up with some quality rehabbers ! Try them , and see what contacts you can get. If that doesn’t work,PM me and I may know one or two here you could use. We aren’t far from you. And I’ve found a couple new rehabbers that may be able to take some. But I bet the zoo could hook you up with some good folks
    I'll look into it, thank you! Hadn't thought of the zoo. I know squirrels are low priority here, raptors are the rescue animals all the big places seem to care about

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SquirrelDad from:

Snicker Bar (11-19-2018)