Thread: Thanks for adding me

Default Thanks for adding me

My dog brought in this beautiful baby in the early hours of Halloween. At first I wasn’t sure what it was . He had cuts and was very cold . I have combed the net for what ever I could do to ensure this little fighter could some day be healthy and free . The problem is one site contradicts The other and I’m so overwhelmed as to what’s the right way to take care of him without harming him . I am not sure even how old he is . I need help

Default Re: Thanks for adding me

Nice to meet you and welcome to TSB

Well, now you've finally come to the right place. You have people here who have years and years of experience, a whole pool of folks who have rehabbed babies by the 100's and much, much more.

In order to help people help you, do you think you could post pics of your baby, possibly with some object(s) close to them to help us judge his size?

We will need much more info in order to zoom on the most important things, like nutrition, housing, general health.

Are his eyes open? Is he fully furred? Is his tail furry and bushy of flat-haired? Can you tell us what you have him housed in? What kind of food/formula is he taking, how often? Does he have open wounds?

The sooner we get the info, the sooner you can start feeling reassured
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Scooterzmom from:

island rehabber (11-17-2018)

Go to this link this is a HUGE help.
    It's 6 pages long with the next button on the top right corner.

http://www.henryspets.com/baby-squirrel-care/
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

If you need help with posting photos...you can send them to me at
    vesuviusguy@aol.com
    and I will post them for you.

Put TSB in the message line .

If you have a scale... his weight in GRAMS is very helpful to those who will help.

Thank you ! These are from the day I got him and now Name:  4B4D6B5D-6C40-4DCE-8165-46189786A8D0.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  79.3 KBName:  4B4D6B5D-6C40-4DCE-8165-46189786A8D0.jpg
Size:  79.3 KB

Eyes not open yet , I see little bottom teeth tho barely . Fur on tail and body butnot tummy. I’ve been feeding him the eg Formula with the pro Biotics every two hours around the clock . I just started adding the heavy cream to a couple a feeding a day . He’s going to the bathroom fine and looks normal . I had one day of. Diarrhea But got through that ok . I bought him a rodent block today

Name:  CDFABF1D-A54A-453D-97AB-0C934A879492.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  71.8 KBName:  CDFABF1D-A54A-453D-97AB-0C934A879492.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  71.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerri View Post
    Thank you ! These are from the day I got him and now Name:  4B4D6B5D-6C40-4DCE-8165-46189786A8D0.jpg
Size:  79.3 KBName:  4B4D6B5D-6C40-4DCE-8165-46189786A8D0.jpg
Size:  79.3 KB

What is eg Formula?

This link covers the basics: https://henryspets.com/baby-squirrel-care/

Babies are fed based on their weight. Multiply 0.05 by whatever his weight in grams is and that is the amount in ml's he should be getting every 3.5 hours. You can buy a gram scale in the kitchen dept of most big box stores. Example, 55 g baby...55 x .05 = 2.75 ml. Based on weight, you can take feeding breaks at night and get some sleep. Based on weight and milestones, you will stretch out feedings and increase amount to feed every couple of days. A scale is essential if you want to be successful.

The formula you want is Powdered puppy Esbilac, see below. Never reheat already heated and used formula and make and fully mix the powder with water hours before using....

Name:  001-X3.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  78.9 KB

Sorry I texted that wrong . That’s what I use lol

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jerri from:

stepnstone (11-17-2018)