Hello!
I am fairly new to this site, but am a fairly well versed Squirrel Momma. Unfortunately, our rescued Red Squirrel, brought to us at 3 weeks old or so, suddenly passed the other day at 13 weeks. He was very active, incredibly healthy. Energetic, absolutely bonded to us. We haven’t a clue as to what happened. Our hearts are broken.
But the love, care and attention that went into every moment of his care, made us realize how much we truly appreciate rescuing these beautiful wild creatures.
If there’s anyone in Michigan seeking help in caring for a rescued baby, please, don’t hesitate to reach out!(Name:  D90DBFB2-48E5-4A73-A06B-38A1EFEBE496.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  92.4 KB)

Just a little run down of what we do to care for them:

Hand built extra large cage for growth, as needed. Extra floors open with branches, play toys, etc, but only as they grow.

Heated and maintained throughout growth as needed.

3-4 hour administration of Fox Valley formula per age requirements (although our first rescue was brought to us with kitten formula on hand, we switched that slowly to FV.) increasing the CC/ML intake as he grew. We also allowed small doses of pedialyte to help rehydrate him in the beginning.

Stimulation for bathroom duties, including facewashing and cleaning

Separated from other animals

Calcium Chews in cage age appropriate

Dirt to roll and hide his occasional peanut in.

Fed fruit, avocado, sweet potato, apples, watermelon, strawberries, and he tomatoes, all organic and pesticide free

Free to run and roam for several hours throughout the day, always monitored during these times.

So, there’s the gist of it. I am not looking for backlash, as a I am well aware there are others who have been doing this for years, but it genuinely felt amazing to be a part of and I would love to help anyone else out in MICHIGAN who is looking for a rehab.