Size:  107.4 KBName:  微信图片_201811162113203.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  104.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    【它们本该是树间的精灵,如今却成了圈养的家宠】
    【请给予它关爱,让它在树林之外的地方有一片更美好的天地】
    【希望它们的一生过的圆满而幸福,在有身之年得到妥善照顾】

Default Re: 求助!松鼠异常!

I wish I could understand what you have written and I do hope someone here can help you, but those babies of yours are just [B]adorable[/B]
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Per Google translate:

Title: Help the squirrel is abnormal

My squirrel has been living abnormally for nearly three months, and my weight has decreased from 450 grams to about 300 grams. I am inactive during the day, always sleeping, very active before, and rarely eat food.
    No calcium deficiency, no MBD, no other diseases, only one sign: 舔 toenail, always rubbing its nails.... I am very surprised, is anyone experiencing a similar situation? thank
    Here is the photo I took, it is always like this

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

JLM27 (11-18-2018)

How are you sure no MBD? The symptoms sound much like that. What do you feed?

你怎麼確定沒有MBD?這些症狀聽起來很像。你餵什麼?

Might be a good idea to get an idea what their diet is anyway? Messing with nails could be a symptom of some type of allergy or irritation? That is a lot of weight loss, if a vet is available then a routine exam/blood tests would be highly advised.

If a vet is not available, I wonder about systematically trying some common treatments:

1) treatment for internal and external parasites (ivermectin and praziquantel)?

2) changing up detergents used to wash fleece and huts etc.

3) try changing up different rodent blocks and veggies

I can't really see anything in those photos that looks off but I have also never seen a squirrel like that. One last thing, that squirrel has low, rounded ears and looks a little babyish. Could it fall along the dwarf/Down spectrum? Not full dwarf, but just somewhat special which might explain the sleeping and diet issues?
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post

I can't really see anything in those photos that looks off but I have also never seen a squirrel like that. One last thing, that squirrel has low, rounded ears and looks a little babyish. Could it fall along the dwarf/Down spectrum? Not full dwarf, but just somewhat special which might explain the sleeping and diet issues?
    TD, this is a Pallas's Squirrel from China - beautiful - dark charcoal with a mahogany colored belly! Their heads are different than our grays which I think is what you are seeing.

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

TubeDriver (11-16-2018)

Ok, thanks. It just had a sort of babyish look that I associate with the special squirrels that some folks have. They sleep all the time and diet is a constant battle so that would explain some of the symptoms too. But that squirrel does look very different from our NA squirrel so it was just a guess/thought. Looks pretty healthy and not malnourished in this photos, hard to say what is causing the weight loss and lethergy.

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    TD, this is a Pallas's Squirrel from China - beautiful - dark charcoal with a mahogany colored belly! Their heads are different than our grays which I think is what you are seeing.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

How are you sure no MBD? The symptoms sound much like that. What do you feed?

你怎麼確定沒有MBD?這些症狀聽起來很像。你餵什麼?
    饮食包括:健康块、坚果、少量的蔬菜以及水果,它没有任何缺钙的迹象,很有力气
    【它们本该是树间的精灵,如今却成了圈养的家宠】

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    Might be a good idea to get an idea what their diet is anyway? Messing with nails could be a symptom of some type of allergy or irritation? That is a lot of weight loss, if a vet is available then a routine exam/blood tests would be highly advised.

If a vet is not available, I wonder about systematically trying some common treatments:

1) treatment for internal and external parasites (ivermectin and praziquantel)?

2) changing up detergents used to wash fleece and huts etc.

3) try changing up different rodent blocks and veggies

它的饮食包括:健康块、坚果、少量的蔬菜以及水果。它没有任何缺钙的迹象,很有力气
    也没有寄生虫,我尝试带它去做血液检查试试。它是中国的“红腹松鼠”
    【它们本该是树间的精灵,如今却成了圈养的家宠】

What are the healthy bits? Are they a manufactured rodent food? The other items you list are not enough to prevent MBD. I would strongly suggest you boost calcium and see if there is an improvement.

什么是健康的位?它们是制造的啮齿动物食物吗?您列出的其他项目不足以防止MBD。我强烈建议你加强钙,看 看是否有改善。

What are the healthy bits? Are they a manufactured rodent food? The other items you list are not enough to prevent MBD. I would strongly suggest you boost calcium and see if there is an improvement.

什么是健康的位?它们是制造的啮齿动物食物吗?您列出的其他项目不足以防止MBD。我强烈建议你加强钙,看 看是否有改善。
    好的,我尝试增加钙,谢谢你
    【它们本该是树间的精灵,如今却成了圈养的家宠】