Thread: help needed - sibling genital nursing

nutty4squirrels Guest

Default help needed - sibling genital nursing

Thank you for all your helpful threads, so glad I stumbled upon this site! I live in southern Louisiana and currently have 2 male siblings about 5 wks old. One of them keeps using the other as a pacifier and nursing on his genitals. I weigh them every morning so I can adjust the amount of food given and currently feed them about every 4-5 hrs. I've separated them for now to try to give the one little guy a chance to heal. But I am concerned bc there was some white discharge at the end of his penis and he seems to be having problems urinating. He was urinating yesterday, but tonight I noticed he was hunched up trying and then frantically started running around and then tried again. Not sure what my next step should be. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Default Re: help needed - sibling genital nursing

Not an expert here, but a couple things I know

Keep them separated for a little while is a good idea. Feed smaller amounts more frequently. 5-7% rule of thumb, but I also would check the belly every time and go real slow. Stimulate him to pee, gently with very soft tissue. Belly should be firm but not hard after feeding and always empty before feeding, always stimulate. I would do it before and after, maybe during if he is fussy.

I would personally use coconut oil to soothe the baby's skin and it is an anti microbial.

Again, not an expert, so if someone disagrees with this, go with what they say

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SquirrelDad from:

Take a gauze dipped in warm water or a wash cloth and place it on the penis. If there is a scab over the opening it must be removed. Soaking it will soften it and make it easier to remove. It is life threatening if he can't urinate so I would do this right away. After removal he should urinate. I would put an ointment or something greasy to help keep the opening from re-scabbing. He might need antibiotics but for now he needs the urethra opened.

5. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

cava (11-08-2018), SquirrelDad (11-09-2018)

nutty4squirrels Guest

Thank you! When I went to feed them this last time, I did see him pee...YAY! It wasn't scabbed over yet, but I did use a washcloth dipped in warm water to clean the area up and put a little ointment on it. I'm going to keep him separated from his brother until he is totally healed up.

7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to nutty4squirrels:

cava (11-09-2018), SquirrelDad (11-09-2018)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.