Thread: New kid on the block

Gypz Guest

Thumbs up New kid on the block

Hi guys and gals I'm new here and my latest family member is Jack a grey squirrel , he was to be raised and released but he will not leave the nest he is just over a year old now in a huge cage in the house of course he runs free everyday, and we are just about to build him a new cage to be easier to roll in and out the house. Jack is not my first rodeo but I have received such great information here new things I hadn't thought about ,and I wanted to be part of this helpful forum!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Gypz from:

cava (11-08-2018)

Gypz Guest

Default Is Cypress or redwood any danger for squirrel cages??

Has anyone used Cypress or redwood in their cages or know if these types of wood would be dangerous in anyway ??rebuilding a new cage and I have found this material for free ! Thinking using it as floor and frame and I have huge Cypress branches that I was going to put inside the new cage!

Default Re: New kid on the block

The cypress you have is the stuff that is native down there, right? Bald Cypress? That is good and is very weatherproof. I would hold on the redwood - searching "redwood toxicity" shows enough that I would hold off on that. Also, even though redwood is weatherproof, it is really soft wood and they will splinter it fast. Cypress is hard.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.