Thread: NOT A BOY

Default NOT A BOY

I'm just gonna put this here. Not really sure where it should be posted but I've never felt more silly. My Dusty is a girl. NOT A BOY! I'm laughing at myself but I'm not so sure if I shouldn't be worried that I missed this one huge detail about my baby. Any opinions? This is my first baby though.

Default Re: NOT A BOY

Not to worry Stacey. It's a very common mistake. Those little girls get pegged as boys all the time. Now boys, there is NO mistaking that!

We have girls named Moose, Frank, Ralph and a host of other masculine names.

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Diggie's Friend (01-28-2019), island rehabber (11-06-2018), Staceydavis (11-05-2018)

Happens to a lot of people... Easy for me since I used to raise rats and it's the same principle. You get the hang of it and it's like night and day, but I still have other people ask if my girl is a boy because she has a little "nub."

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SquirrelDad:

Diggie's Friend (01-28-2019), Staceydavis (11-05-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Not to worry Stacey. It's a very common mistake. Those little girls get pegged as boys all the time. Now boys, there is NO mistaking that!

We have girls named Moose, Frank, Ralph and a host of other masculine names.
    Yup, my first, Frances (aka Frank), became girl Frances.

7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to cava:

Diggie's Friend (01-28-2019), Staceydavis (11-05-2018)

I'm still laughing a little.. I told my husband when he came in from work and he's like what we don't have a Dusty anymore and I'm like sure HER name is still gonna be Dusty.. thanks yall.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Staceydavis from:

island rehabber (11-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Staceydavis View Post
    I'm still laughing a little.. I told my husband when he came in from work and he's like what we don't have a Dusty anymore and I'm like sure HER name is still gonna be Dusty.. thanks yall.

Well being an old Boomer as I am, the name Dusty immediately makes me think of Dusty Springfield whose music I loved as a teenager. Perfectly feminine name in my book!
    Not only newbies make mistakes about gender. Sometimes as a rehabber I would get in an older baby or even an injured adult who, frankly, was so snarky and bitey that I chose NOT to turn them upside down for the silly reason of determining gender. So I had Frank who ended up as Freda, Luigi who was Louise, really, and Nathan who became Nasty Natasha.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

11. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

Diggie's Friend (11-06-2018), Staceydavis (11-16-2018)