Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: CR's LUNA TUNA NEEDS HELP

Default Re: CR's LUNA TUNA NEEDS HELP

Rosie, I can't comment on much of this but if you find out the papaya with the papain in it is okay, it could almost be given as a calcium supplement as it is almost 5:1 calcium to phosphorus!

I have never gotten it, despite this, because I just don't know about the papain. It is used as a meat tenderizer...

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

RamaMama (02-10-2019)

I brought home Organic Acai powder but am uncertain how much to give or
    how often.

The "tiny" measuring spoons never arrived -- several others items also never
    made it. Uncertain if I put the address in incorrectly or what the problem was.

Many MANY things went wrong prior to and during my trip to FL.... I would not
    wish to repeat it nor make another trip any time soon, if ever.

Luna is not doing well. The antibiotic she was given only helped for a short time.
    Wish I could get enough discharge from her sinus to have it tested but it is never enough.
    I am concerned she may be developing a staff infection.

Name:  LUNA eye.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  72.3 KBName:  LUNA left eye.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  101.9 KBName:  LUNA lumps.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  75.7 KB
    Each morning LUNA wakes with her right eye held shut. Her left eye seem fine. She also has a series of small lumps on her back, on the side of her spine.

Luna

Can you see what those bumps look like? Are they in the outside of her skin or do they appear to be under her skin?

How are her teeth doing now?
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

See the sisters Pip and Nip!
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-(Pip-and-Nip)!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

RamaMama (02-10-2019)

I believe the weepy squinty eye is due to pain and infection in sinus due to progressing "O"

She was dosed with Clav while I was away finishing on 1 29th ..... by the time I got home on
    Feb 3rd the infection appeared to be coming back..... her eye began watering and sticking more
    in the mornings and afternoons...... appetite is now not as good as when I first got back

I lumps are under her skin about the size of my pinky nail or bigger. I am feeling concern that
    the infection is spreading and that is why she has the lumps......
    ...... but could it be bugs.... bites ?
    I have no clue as they FEEL like they are under the skin. They also SEEM to come and go.... the worse
    she feels the more there are........ if she is a bit better they seem to be less........ not really sure.

I feel/know she has been in pain, more than she had been, for the last few days. Switching tomorrow
    from Ibuprofen to Tramadol..... at least for a while.

When the lumps first appeared some time back I was concerned she may have cancer........ but not now
    the way they SEEM to come and go.

I can't imagine how desperate that you and Stosh must feel. Prayers for all.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

RamaMama (02-15-2019)

Could the bumps be hives???

Allergic reaction to a medication might explain the bumps. Cancer does not change sizes up and down and up again in the way you describe.

How about trying giving her a day or two of benadryl? It is pretty safe drug without much side effects.

Also, she has been on a lot of meds, it is really important to keep her well hydrated as these meds will be hard on her organs especially her kidneys.

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Luna's being on so many meds so often does worry me a great deal. I give her little bowls of
    apple juice and watermelon juice plus she always has water.... I give her the juices so I can be
    CERTAIN that she is drinking more than usual.

Her tummy in very round, not normal looking and has been so for some weeks. It swells even
    more when she drinks or eats.... round like a bulb..... BUT, she has lost weight ! ! !
    December she weighed 639..... this morning.... 609 grms. I could tell when I held her last
    night that although her tummy is round the rest of her has lost weight as her body feels thinner....
    I can tell she is thinner than when I left 3 weeks ago.... I can feel it in her body. She still eats
    her HHB balls every morning and will eat a few more in the afternoon {if I give them to her} she
    eats SOME of her regular food...... but since I returned home it seems she is eating less and less
    each day.
    Might try her on some Reglan IF I can find any..... might help..... might not..... hope it won't hurt.
    Can't see how............ BUT

I think her pain has advanced due to "O" and her squinty weepy eye expresses that. Going to change
    to "Tramadol" instead of Ibu. Any thoughts on this ?
    Can I give her Tram along with Benedryl...? ? ? ? I know there are some drugs which can NOT be given
    at the same time.

MIGHT start her on Metronadazole...... considering as it is a very broad spec antibiotic.

I WISH I could get a sample of the discharge from her sinus so I would know if there IS another
    infection OR is it just running due to the inflammation from the tumor.

So confusing and so much frustration ! !

JUST HAD A THOUGHT ! ! ! ..... when I make the HHB balls for Luna she hates them so much that I have been
    adding Boo Ball with Fox Valley in it........ could it be the FV that is causing her tummy to bloat ? ? ? ?
    Usually she ONLY gets a tiny taste of Boo Ball on occasion but for the past {two ? or more} months every day.

Before I try anything else I am going to make her HHB balls without the boo ball with the FV......
    instead I will make some English walnut butter to put in the HHB balls as I need SOME THING
    gooey to make it stick together and mushy so she can eat it....... might also try the Reglan

SHOULD I LIGHTLY ROAST THE ENGLISH WALNUTS FIRST ? ? ? I THINK I RECALL IT IS HEALTHIER ? ? ?

Any thoughts on this.... ?

I always use veggie baby food and melted coconut oil to bind my boo balls together. Is that an option?

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

RamaMama (02-11-2019)

The coconut oil yes, veggie baby food........ tried it and they will not touch it.... they do like plum baby food....
    could use that for the HHB balls .

17. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RamaMama from:

Mel1959 (02-11-2019)

I use apple sauce as a binder and my squirrels have all liked it.

-Grateful Dead

19. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

Diggie's Friend (02-15-2019), RamaMama (02-11-2019)

You an give Tramadol and Benadryl at the same time but the side effects (sedation) may be intensified. So generally safe but it will probably make her pretty sleepy.

-Grateful Dead

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

RamaMama (02-11-2019)

Today is the first day in some weeks that Luna got HHB Balls without FV. Will give her
    some time to see how her round tummy reacts.

She was dosed with Tram this afternoon...... Stosh went to the local Pharm as ours had been expired
    for OVER a Year. Hope it keeps her more comfortable.
    Did not give her the Bene as yet. One thing at a time so I can tell, possibly, just what may be going
    on, besides her sinus pain which I know is there daily round the clock.

Thanks so much TD for being on here.
    Until Later with more News.

23. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RamaMama from:

TubeDriver (02-12-2019)

Rosie, I have extremely limited internet at the moment. I’m on a cell phone. I wanted to address the round belly. Is Luna mouth breathing? If you have noticed her having difficulty breathing she will try to breathe through her mouth. They don’t do that well and will swallow air as they breathe. Swallowed air will cause a bloated belly. You might want to give her baby gas drops (simethacone) to relieve this. It’s just a thought.

25. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

RamaMama (02-15-2019), TubeDriver (02-12-2019)

Luna does not "appear" to be mouth breathing but at night, who knows for sure.

Only one side of her sinus, at present, seems to be affected.

Started her on Metronidazole last night. Just not sure what is happening here what with her
    rounded tummy, lumps all over her back, her horrible weepy sticky right eye and her snotty right
    sinus.
    Hoping that removing the FV and dosing her with the Metro she will be feeling much better and
    begin to eat again.

Just for my record.............

today was Luna's last dose of Metro....
    her tummy is no longer bloated, the lumps on her back are almost completely
    gone..... only some tiny ones in a couple of places.

Her sinus is not much better and her eye is continuing to be weepy although the eye is not
    as bad and she is now eating well and much more active and happy.

I KNOW her eye and sinus will continue to be a problem and become worse as the days
    pass.
    I PRAY and HOPE I will have the strength not to drag out her suffering to a point of despair
    on her part. I am so bad at NOT being willing to giving up the fight and letting go of hope.

28. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RamaMama:

Diggie's Friend (02-24-2019), TubeDriver (02-24-2019)

I am glad Luna is improving and I hope she still has some happy times ahead. I know it is terribly hard to make that final decision and only you will know when the time is right as ut approaches but remember in the end, you are freeing her from pain and misery. It a gentle gift to them , even though it breaks our hearts.

-Grateful Dead

30. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

Diggie's Friend (02-24-2019), Mel1959 (02-24-2019), Nancy in New York (02-24-2019), RamaMama (02-24-2019)

As some of you know Luna has another sinus infection as referenced in the Thread about using Gas X.

The results from the Lab test arrived this evening... she has E. coli in her sinus.... there are quite a few
    meds that are listed as S. - sensitive - that could be used.

I believe I have Ciprofloxacina and that one is listed.... might have the Ampicilina/sulbactam but not sure if it is different.
    I have to weigh her tomorrow and get dosing and suggestion of best meds to use. Sorry they are all in Spanish.

Below is the chart.

ANALISIS

Escherichia coli CMI (µg/mL)
    R = Resistente S = Susceptible I = Intermedio
    CMI = Concentración Mínima Inhibitoria (µg/ml) - not sure if this means the infection is minimal OR some thing else

Amikacina -S
    Ampicilina -R
    Ampicilina/sulbactam -S
    Aztreonam -S
    Cefalotina -R
    Cefepime -S
    Cefotaxime -S
    Cefotetán -S
    Ceftazidime -S
    Ceftriaxone -S
    Cefuroxime - Sodio -S
    Ciprofloxacina -S
    Ertapenem -S
    Gentamicina -S
    Imipenem -S
    Levofloxacina -S
    Meropenem -S
    Piperacilina -S
    Piperacilina/tazobactam -S
    Tetraciclina -S
    Tigeciclina -S
    Tobramicina -S
    ANTIBIÓTICO

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Any one out there read and understand Spanish WELL ? ?

Thanks RamaMama

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast