Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CR's LUNA TUNA NEEDS HELP

Default Re: CR's LUNA TUNA NEEDS HELP

Tube, when a squirrel is in rehab or a pet the Revolution is always dosed topically on the neck as per the instructions. The only time it is used orally is to treat a mangy wild that can’t or shouldn’t be captured. A single drop is placed on a nut and tossed to the squirrel. It works perfectly every time.

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

RamaMama (06-20-2019), TubeDriver (06-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggie's Friend View Post
    If there is an infection Hydrogen peroxide is going to hurt; dilute the HP with distilled water.

Don't soak the cue-tip in HP so that it drips, as you don't want her to lick her fur to clean it off

Our vet said pure vegetable glycerin (not petroleum based glycerin) will help to clean and moisturize the inside the outer ear.
    WE checked in 3 pharmacies--no ear drops or glycerin drops available.
    One pharmacist showed us some "eye drops" that had glycerin as a second ingredient. Not sure what type of glycerin it is. We are using a fungicide in Lunas ears for the past two days. It is a cream and we use a little on a Q-tip. Gently apply it to her inner ear.

Name:  glycerine product.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  103.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    What is the name of the med you are using to treat this?
    Sorry.... this is about the best I can do with translating the info on the med....

Name of med I have used twice... so far > > > mycozol NFCrema tópica.
    Cada 100 gramos de crema contiene:
    Betametasona Dipropionato equivalente a
    Betametasona base .................................................. .......................0.050 g
    Clotrimazol .................................................. .....................................1.000 g
    Gentamicina Sulfato equivalente a Gentamicina base ...............0.100 g
    Excipientes c.s.p.

Translation ? ? ?
    Every 100 grams of cream contains:
    Betamethasone Dipropionate equivalent to
    Base Betametasone .................................................. ............. 0.050 g
    Clotrimazole .................................................. .... 1,000 g
    Genthamicin Sulfate equivalent to Base Gentamicin .................. 0.100 g
    Excipients c.s.p.

Mycozol® NF Crema tópica tiene actividad antiinflamatoria, antifúngica y antimicrobiana.
    Translation ? ? ?
    {Topical cream has anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antimicrobial activity.}

Should we try to get something else??
    It COULD be her sinus that is bothering her and making her scratch her ears..... BUT....
    we have not proof nor way of knowing for certain.....
    her nose has been bothering her more lately........ more mucus and difficulty breathing at times.

http://ratguide.com/health/auricle_e...is_externa.php This should help info wise.

You can also use pure bottled water to dilute the Hydrogen peroxide to clean out the inside of the outer ears.

To clean out the ears use an ear wash or rinse; this is noted on the page above from Ratguide.com. Didn't think of that earlier because our vet never mentioned it. http://ratguide.com/health/auricle_e...is_externa.php

Besides Ivermectin for mange mites this is also noted:

Topical agents are varied and use may be based on the organism(s) or condition being treated.
    Some of those agents the veterinarian may select are topical otic antibiotics or antifungals that may include a steroid such as: Treasaderm (containing neomycin sulfate, thiabendazole, and dexamethasone), or Gentocin Otic (containing gentamicin sulfate , and betamethasone valerate), or topical otics that may require an addition of a systemic or topical steroid such as: Baytril Otic (enrofloxacin/silver sulfadiazine) primarily used for Gram-neg. infection, or Silver sulfadiazine (Silvadene).
    "Gentocin Otic (containing gentamicin sulfate)" This is a key ingredient in the cream you posted.

Yes it could be her sinus. If that were the case, this article addresses that issue:

http://ratguide.com/health/auricle_e...yrinthitis.php

I used the Micozol cream several times on Luna's ears......
    she has stopped the constant intense scratching.

I will use once a day for several days ....

We took photos of LUNA's lower teeth. The gum is growing up between her bottom teeth and appears quite large. We don't know if it is 1--abnormal or 2--is a sign of something else---or 3-- is "nothing to be concerned about".
    We are hoping for #3.....
    Rama Mama will come on soon with more details.

Name:  luna gums June 23.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  40.5 KBName:  luna gums June 23-2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  32.2 KBName:  luna June 23 gums C UP.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  58.7 KB

Concern that the "amount" and thickness of the gum area between Luna's bottom teeth is causing her discomfort
    when she tries to eat and may also be beginning to make her drool when she sleeps. She licks her mouth a lot and moves her mouth in such a way that I know it bothers her....

This "gum tissue" has gotten' much bigger than it was when she had her teeth last trimmed which was almost a year back.... the gum is fatter, broader and now reaches the tops of her teeth in front and appears to be actually
    slightly above her teeth in the back area..... I can see something protruding up from the center of her teeth in the back.... but could not get a clear photo.....

Has any one ever seen anything like this ? ? ?

What is causing this to happen ? ? ?

Could it be creating an eating problem {or is Luna just not feeling well ? }

Is there any way to fix this ? ? ?

We took Gemma for teeth trimming every weeks and her gums never looked like that.
    Maybe it's inflammation caused by some type of irritation or infection?
    I hope someone has a definite answer for you

11. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lukaslolamaus:

Nancy in New York (06-23-2019), RamaMama (06-23-2019)

Appreciate Feedback on this situation..... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RamaMama View Post
    Concern that the "amount" and thickness of the gum area between Luna's bottom teeth is causing her discomfort
    when she tries to eat and may also be beginning to make her drool when she sleeps. She licks her mouth a lot and moves her mouth in such a way that I know it bothers her....

This "gum tissue" has gotten' much bigger than it was when she had her teeth last trimmed which was almost a year back.... the gum is fatter, broader and now reaches the tops of her teeth in front and appears to be actually
    slightly above her teeth in the back area..... I can see something protruding up from the center of her teeth in the back.... but could not get a clear photo.....

Has any one ever seen anything like this ? ? ?

What is causing this to happen ? ? ?

Could it be creating an eating problem {or is Luna just not feeling well ? }

Is there any way to fix this ? ? ?

Hi RamaMama, would it be ok if I sent the picture of Luna’s gum and teeth and your write up to my vet. I have never seen it and we have dealt with a few odontoma.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

14. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

Diggie's Friend (06-23-2019), lukaslolamaus (06-23-2019), RamaMama (06-23-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    Hi RamaMama, would it be ok if I sent the picture of Luna’s gum and teeth and your write up to my vet. I have never seen it and we have dealt with a few odontoma.
    Sounds like a plan.

Also might mention...... Luna has no top teeth and her bottoms no longer grow.
    Thanks

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RamaMama from:

lukaslolamaus (06-23-2019)

Luna needs a waterpik. She may have something caught in there. Will she let you floss her? Also, my dentist used to tell me that hormones can cause gum flareups.
    We live in a heaven created by our virtues --- Muktananda

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to JLM27 from:

RamaMama (06-23-2019)

Luna's gum issue was not sudden....... it developed over months.
    Thinking back I remember thinking several times that her gum looked thicker..... but only
    recently did I realize just how bad it had become.

From photo's in post #227.......... does NO ONE have any other info about WHAT is causing

this issue or what to do.

Would not floss or even try unless I KNOW what the problem is but thanks for caring.

Rosie, I feel certain that no one will know what’s causing this. I found an article for a similar condition in dogs. I don’t think there is a thing you can do about it so I wouldn’t stress over it.

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-p...al-hyperplasia

22. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

TubeDriver (06-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Rosie, I feel certain that no one will know what’s causing this. I found an article for a similar condition in dogs. I don’t think there is a thing you can do about it so I wouldn’t stress over it.

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-p...al-hyperplasia

WoW............ read the article........ sounds like surgery is the only thing that reduces the size of the gum
    tissue and that it very well will keep growing. Bummer.

Thanks for the info Patti. I may try to use Q tips to clean her gums on occasion to try to keep any infection from
    starting...... due to foods getting stuck around the enlarged tissue.

Luna has not been feeling very well for several days now.....

Did a mouth swab and nasal mucus Lab test for Luna....... although she isn't feeling so great she's still eating somewhat.
    Just got the Lab results back......

First Test......Translation:
    ANALISIS

Positive bacteria culture
    Sample Type: Secretion - "sinus"
    Isolated organism: Escherichia coli

Second Test .....Translation:
    ANALISIS
    Culture by bacteria Positive
    Sample Type: Mouth
    Isolated organism: Klebsiella ornithinolytica

The mouth test was supposed to be for Candida as Luna has what appear to be sores on her lips and white goo on and in her mouth in the mornings..... not sure if it is just saliva or infection without a test. Now have to wait til Monday to get another kit
    and try again for the Candida..... I think they misunderstood about the mouth test but the test they did still shows infection.....
    in the meantime.... concern she now has two different infections at the same time.

Listed below are the two groups of AB's for the two different infections..... the first group I removed all the Resistant as there were so many and it was pointless to list them all since they can't be used..... I think.

Escherichia coli
    Amikacina -S

Ampicilina/sulbactam -S
    Aztreonam -S

Cefepime -S

Ceftazidime -S

Ciprofloxacina -S
    Ertapenem -S
    Gentamicina -S
    Imipenem -S
    Levofloxacina -S
    Meropenem -S
    Piperacilina -S
    Piperacilina/tazobactam -S

Tobramicina -S A

Amikacina -S
    Ampicilina -R
    Ampicilina/sulbactam -S
    Aztreonam -S
    Cefalotina -S
    Cefepime -S
    Cefotaxime -S
    Cefotetán -S
    Ceftazidime -S
    Ceftriaxone -S
    Cefuroxime - Sodio -S
    Ciprofloxacina -S
    Ertapenem -S
    Gentamicina -S
    Imipenem -S
    Levofloxacina -S
    Meropenem -S
    Piperacilina -S
    Tetraciclina -S
    Tigeciclina -S
    Tobramicina -S

The one AB that keeps coming up as S - Sensitive...... just doesn't ever seem to work and that is Cipro. It has been
    used before with little result in the positive for her sinus........ it used to work for her UTI's but not these infections.

Any suggestions ? ? ?

And she had been doing soooo good, happy, eating, loving - and now not so good.

Default New Lab Results - Need Dosing

This is edited and more concise information which was originally posted on Luna Needs Help thread.

Did a mouth swab and nasal mucus Lab test for Luna....... although she isn't feeling so great she's still eating somewhat.
    The mouth test was supposed to be for Candida as Luna has what appears to be sores on her lips and white goo on and in her mouth in the mornings..... not sure if it is just saliva or infection without a test. Now have to wait to get another kit and try again for the Candida later..... I think they misunderstood about the mouth test but the test they did still shows infection in her mouth..... in the meantime.... concern she now has two different infections at the same time.

Listed below are the two groups of AB's for the two different infections..... the group for El coli I removed all the Resistant as there were so many and it was pointless to list them all since they can't be used..... I think. Plus, I am not too concerned with the E. coli in her sinus... I am very concerned about her mouth.... it bothers her A LOT.....!

I looked back from when she was dosed the last time for Kleb.... the AB used was { Cephalexin }... I have tried
    to MATCH it to one of the AB's listed below but I do not know if I am just missing it or misunderstanding what I am reading..... I thought IF I could match it I would not have to bother any one about this....
    Still wondering about the Candida....
    Can Kleb make sores/lumps on the lips of the mouth ? ? ?
    Is there anything I can use on her lips or in her mouth to help her feel better?

First Test......Translation:
    ANALISIS
    Culture by bacteria Positive
    Sample Type: Mouth

Amikacina -S
    Ampicilina -R
    Ampicilina/sulbactam -S
    Aztreonam -S
    Cefalotina -S
    Cefepime -S
    Cefotaxime -S
    Cefotetán -S
    Ceftazidime -S
    Ceftriaxone -S
    Cefuroxime - Sodio -S
    Ciprofloxacina -S
    Ertapenem -S
    Gentamicina -S
    Imipenem -S
    Levofloxacina -S
    Meropenem -S
    Piperacilina -S
    Tetraciclina -S
    Tigeciclina -S
    Tobramicina -S

SECOND ANALISIS

Positive bacteria culture
    Sample Type: Secretion - "sinus"
    Isolated organism: Escherichia coli

Second Test .....Translation:
    Escherichia coli - AB's
    Amikacina -S

Ampicilina/sulbactam -S
    Aztreonam -S

Cefepime -S

Ceftazidime -S

Ciprofloxacina -S
    Ertapenem -S
    Gentamicina -S
    Imipenem -S
    Levofloxacina -S
    Meropenem -S
    Piperacilina -S

Tobramicina -S A

The one AB that keeps coming up as S - Sensitive...... just doesn't seem to work well and is Cipro. It has been
    used before with little result in the positive for her sinus........ it used to work for her UTI's but not the sinus infections.
    I think.

Any suggestions ? ? ?

And she had been doing soooo good, happy, eating, loving - and now not so good. Mostly her mouth.... otherwise not too bad.
    Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...ght=luna+needs

Link { above }
    to Luna's original Thread. Info on her condition and suggestions from members for past several months...

Default Re: New Lab Results - Need Dosing

Rosie, actually the Cephalexin wasn’t on the last lab report either. It was chosen because most of the cephalosporin antibiotics were sensitive. Cephalexin is an oral antibiotic that was available. Most all of the others are injectable antibiotics. On the last report, virtually every antibiotic that we usually use was resistant.

Even though the Ciprofloxacin is sensitive I don’t think it’s good antibiotic for the mouth. These organisms might/ or might not be the cause of her issues. Actually, I don’t think they are. I really don’t know what’s causing the mouth sores. I wish I did. Often it is so difficult to find the root cause of the problem. Just this week, I dosed an antibiotic for a suspected aspiration pneumonia. With further questioning, AP wasn’t the problem at all. It was the diet.

You could do one of two things. Treat her again with Cephalexin or Clavamox and see if it works. OR, you could use the lab report to direct treatment. In that case you would use Ciprofloxacin as both organisms are sensitive.

Rosie, I wish I had better answers but I just don’t.

27. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

RamaMama (06-30-2019)

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast