Thread: Help! Approx. 12 week woke up snuffling, sneezing, wheezing.

fatcatlurker Guest

Default Help! Approx. 12 week woke up snuffling, sneezing, wheezing.

Lucky is approx. 12 weeks, male, eastern grey, 412 grams, woke up sneezing gunk, slight wheeze. Age is a guess based on visual appearance from found. I don't hear any clicking yet. He ate 6 mils formula this am and is active but needy and sick. Worried for him tho.

He has been self weaning off fox valley 20/50/ escbilac for last two weeks. He is on rat block and full fruit n veg 2 x's a day also.

I have enrofloxacin 10% that I ordered in advance just in case with my triplet babies from the spring... They are gone...free..I actually just said hello to one in my yard this am.

Anyway, Lucky fell from tree 20-25 feet in my backyard Labor Day weekend and had bloody nose and mouth didn't think he would make it for a while but he proved me wrong having gotten past all that even has a perfect bite. I am overwintering him tho due to age and size for spring release and now this...help. Does he need to be started on meds and if so what does and anything else I need to know. Thank you.

Default Re: Help! Approx. 12 week woke up snuffling, sneezing, wheezing.

I'm not going to be online long but wanted to throw out a few questions that will help. Usually they don't aspirated at that age but of course, anything is possible. Did he drink formula from a bowl?

I would check his teeth. This might not be related at all but in an older baby we want to make sure the teeth aren't growing into the palate. That earlier fall could have caused a malocclusion. Teeth that don't grow straight will puncture the palate and there will be many respiratory symptoms. Let's rule that out first.

You mentioned full fruit and veggies. How much fruit? That should be limited.
    Also, is he definitely eating the block? These are just general diet questions and wouldn't be related to the respiratory issue.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

fatcatlurker Guest

1/3 fruit to veg. Formula is fed with miracle nipple on 6 mil syringe. I will try to look in his mouth with a light he bites a lot... gentle but like he is teething. He has sticks, logs, etc that have lots of visible tooth damage.

Clear wheezing but active.thank you.

fatcatlurker Guest

Bottom teeth are lining up behind top teeth and shorter but I can't get a look at his top palette yet. Getting a flashlight. Since the more I play with them the more comfortable he is getting.

fatcatlurker Guest

I got 10 more mils of formula in him and half a block but he has no interest in his bowl of carrot, snap pea, Apple. He seemed better after sneezing and hacking up gunk and after running around for 3 hours in his room. He bundled in his hammock at 5 and I am going to check him at 8 to see if his breathing is better or worse.

I could not get him to cooperate for now with a picture of his teeth but the bottom 2 definitely close behind the top two and are slightly curved inward. I am worried about his jaw alignment as his teeth grow because of the fall from the tree when I found him. I will try again later tonight.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.