Thread: Sumter, SC Injured baby squirrel need help like yesterday

Col_Striker Guest

Exclamation Sumter, SC Injured baby squirrel need help like yesterday

Cats in the yard attacked a baby squirrel. Well we got the baby squirrel from the cats . But he can't move his front legs and not sure what his injuries are and need to find him medical help .

Default Re: Injured baby squirrel need help like yesterday

Location in Sumter, SC? Hopefully, we have a rehabber located nearby who can help.

In the meantime, keep him in a warm, quiet area. Place some old tee-shirts or fleece in the container for him to snuggle and hide in. No towels, the terry cloth gets caught in their claws and can break fingers. Do not try to feed him yet. This little will need antibiotics like Cipro/baytril or Clavamox to survive from cat injuries.

Can you post up a photo or two of him so we can get an idea of his age, condition and injuries? Thanks for helping him.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

cava (10-28-2018), Nancy in New York (10-28-2018), Rocky1 (10-29-2018)

Any updates? Cats have a deadly mix of bacteria in their saliva so any cat injuries need antibiotic treatmant ASAP. I was not able to locate a rehabber in SC but there might be one here on the board who will see your post. If you have any antibiotics (a single pill is ofte all that is needed) we ca provide specific dosing direction fir this squirrels weight. Check with family and friends too, they iften have an antibiotic pill left over, unused.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Nancy in New York (10-29-2018)

Default Re: Sumter, SC Injured baby squirrel need help like yesterday

Again, looks like a heartbreaking story where they come for help but don't continue to check and see if/what advice was given or give any kind of update......

Default Re: Sumter, SC Injured baby squirrel need help like yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by TamiKakes View Post
    Again, looks like a heartbreaking story where they come for help but don't continue to check and see if/what advice was given or give any kind of update......
    Most likely the squirrel passed...
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    Location in Sumter, SC? Hopefully, we have a rehabber located nearby who can help.

In the meantime, keep him in a warm, quiet area. Place some old tee-shirts or fleece in the container for him to snuggle and hide in. No towels, the terry cloth gets caught in their claws and can break fingers. Do not try to feed him yet. This little will need antibiotics like Cipro/baytril or Clavamox to survive from cat injuries.

Can you post up a photo or two of him so we can get an idea of his age, condition and injuries? Thanks for helping him.
    I wanted to let you all know I am in sc and have resources all around sc and nc,, please call or text me if u need me. 8035799355.. I will call back if I don't answer..

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to jbtartell from:

stepnstone (10-30-2018)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.