Thread: Weening

JLynne Guest

Default Weening

My little Hank(girl squirrel) has pretty much weened herself off of formula and loves the blocks! But I’m having a hard time getting her to eat veggies. I’ve tried spinach, kale, arugula, bell pepper, squash, zucchini, asparagus. She does like apples but I’m trying to stay away from the sweet things until she takes to veggies. I have ordered some dehydrated grasshoppers and worms to try. Is this normal and should I just keep trying? she definitely eats enough blocks and drinks plenty of water, I just want to makel sure there’s no cause for concern.

Thank

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to JLynne:

Mel1959 (10-17-2018), redwuff (10-16-2018)

Default Re: Weening

I am having the same issue.
    My lil Ash is 10 weeks old, for the past 3 days does not want anything to do with formula, which surprises me cause she was a NUT when it was formula time and couldn't get enough!

I made homemade "booballs" with muzuri blocks, some almonds, powdered formula and variety of different baby foods.

She now goes NUTS for these and her HHB. Going to have to start making more and adding less almonds to them and offering only AFTER she eats some veggies.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TamiKakes from:

80%of their diet should be rat block (not Henry's). The fact that she is eating block is great. Are you going to release her this fall or overwinter her?
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

JLynne Guest

I live in New Hampshire so I think I need to wait until spring

JLynne Guest

Like the Kaytee rodent food? She also eats those

Quote Originally Posted by JLynne View Post
    Like the Kaytee rodent food? She also eats those
    Is the Kaytee rodent food in block form and not seeds and colored tidbits? If it’s in block form it’s ok, but there are more nutritional blocks out there. Harlan Teklad (Envigo), Oxbow and Mazuri all make a rodent block. The Harlan must be ordered online, though.

JLynne Guest

Yes they’re block form. If the evenings are already into th 20swe should wait til spring to release, correct?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.