Thread: Formula Question

Default Formula Question

Hey y’all!

I haven’t been on here in around 3 years. �� I quit rehabbing after my last squirrels in 2015. Not for any bad reason, just the fact that the state of IL drags their feet on sending paperwork.

ANYWAY, on to my concern. So my babies just opened their eyes this week. Ive had them about 2 weeks. They’ve been on Esbilac puppy until I got the FV 20/50 in today. So I planned on doing the half Esbilac, half FV. SO.. I mixed it, and it actually fizzed. If you don’t know what I mean by that, I mean like the sound soda makes because of the carbonation.

Just wondering if this is normal! Thanks in advance.

Trying to attach a picture of the brats. Not sure if it’ll work.

Default Re: Formula Question

If you used very hot water to mix then yes I know what you mean. I mix in a water bottle which expands with heat and contracts as it cools. I use a funnel to put in 2:1 and shake like crazy. I release the lid briefly to allow the air to escape and it makes something like a fizz sound. If that’s what you’ve encountered I’m comfortable saying it’s perfectly normal. I’ve experienced it from day one with my littles.

I always mixed with hot water in a jar and I have to unscrew the lid and let off excess air a couple of times through the shaking process. I agree, it's normal.

Awesome! Thank you guys! The Esbilac never does that so that’s why I was worried haha. Thanks again!