Thread: Squirrel sneezing all the time

Ordubismom Guest

Default Squirrel sneezing all the time

I have been rehabbing squirrels for years. I have a 5 week old squirrel now that sneezes all the time. I have never had one do this before. Has anyone ever had a squirrel have this problem before? She is not aspirating. When I got her almost 3 weeks ago she had a broken rear leg she drug behind her and had aspirating pneumonia. Me prayed for her, gave her antibiotics and lasix until her lungs cleared all up. Her lungs sound perfect but she sneezes all the time. This is a first for me (after over 100 babies rehabbed), so I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had one do this. Thanks for any info you have.

Default Re: Squirrel sneezing all the time

i have a 7 week old and he aspirated a few weeks ago. sneezing fever, weight loss the whole nine.
    And sneezing was the very last thing to go for him, i didnt think it was ever going to stop. how long has she been sneezing?

Ordubismom Guest

That is probably it. Thank you. I’ll just keep taking care of her and praying for this sneezing to stop. She is a sweet little one. Thanks again.

now im not an expert like these folks on here. im just going off my experience.
    so id still keep an eye on the board for more feedback

i hope she gets better soon. Oliver and i send our love. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ordubismom View Post
    I have been rehabbing squirrels for years. I have a 5 week old squirrel now that sneezes all the time. I have never had one do this before. Has anyone ever had a squirrel have this problem before? She is not aspirating. When I got her almost 3 weeks ago she had a broken rear leg she drug behind her and had aspirating pneumonia. Me prayed for her, gave her antibiotics and lasix until her lungs cleared all up. Her lungs sound perfect but she sneezes all the time. This is a first for me (after over 100 babies rehabbed), so I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had one do this. Thanks for any info you have.
    I wonder if she has an Upper respiratory infection. If the sneezing does not clear you could do a round of doxycycline or clavamox.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

LittleOllie (10-09-2018)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.