Thread: 6-7 week male in Tampa Bay needs rehab home w/drey mates

laughingbirdpro Guest

Default 6-7 week male in Tampa Bay needs rehab home w/drey mates

Dear Squirrel Heroes

I have a 6-7 week male baby Gray Squirrel needs rehab home w/drey mates. He is healthy and eats 5-6cc of Fox Valley formula each feeding. I am not able to rehab and release this one. We simply don't have the room. Please contact if you can take him in. He is alert, sweet and needs squirrel drey mates.

Thank you for your help,
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default Re: 6-7 week male in Tampa Bay needs rehab home w/drey mates

Hi Mark,

I have three that are about 8 weeks and quite active several hours a day. If no one else can offer a better home or more suitable buddies I can try to put him with my three. However I do not have a third large cage or time for a second singleton should they not be ok together. I also have a 13 week singleton and between him and the babies I’m at my max ability nearly. How long have you had him? Are you certain he’s healthy as I’d have no way to quarantine at this point unless he’s still content in a tote. Can he eat 3x a day to stay on schedule with the ones I have? With my work schedule there is absolutely no way I can keep up with different feeding schedules appropriately balanced. You didn’t happen to get this baby from a tree service did you? One of my customers contacted me yesterday about an eyes open baby and I’d hoped she would keep him since she already had a singleton. I sent her another lady’s contact info just in case.

Selena

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Sottinger from:

I'm at work and can't follow through right now but Cesta in East Hillsborough got a singleton last week. She mentioned getting a buddy for her singleton. If anyone has contact info call her. If not I'll call her later.

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Grinderhead (10-08-2018)

laughingbirdpro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    I'm at work and can't follow through right now but Cesta in East Hillsborough got a singleton last week. She mentioned getting a buddy for her singleton. If anyone has contact info call her. If not I'll call her later.
    Thank you so much. I don't contact info for Cesta though. Please call her if you would be so kind.

Thanks
    Mark

laughingbirdpro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sottinger View Post
    Hi Mark,

I have three that are about 8 weeks and quite active several hours a day. If no one else can offer a better home or more suitable buddies I can try to put him with my three. However I do not have a third large cage or time for a second singleton should they not be ok together. I also have a 13 week singleton and between him and the babies I’m at my max ability nearly. How long have you had him? Are you certain he’s healthy as I’d have no way to quarantine at this point unless he’s still content in a tote. Can he eat 3x a day to stay on schedule with the ones I have? With my work schedule there is absolutely no way I can keep up with different feeding schedules appropriately balanced. You didn’t happen to get this baby from a tree service did you? One of my customers contacted me yesterday about an eyes open baby and I’d hoped she would keep him since she already had a singleton. I sent her another lady’s contact info just in case.

Selena
    Thank you, Selena.

We've had him close to two weeks. We are certain he is healthy: good coat, excellent pees and poos, eats well, active and alert. He's on four formula feedings and two Henry Healthy blocks a day (morning and night). We didn't get him from a tree service. He was dropped off by a desperate gentleman who couldn't care for him and didn't know where he originated from, his daughter claimed it followed her and she brought it home. We will try to find other arrangements.

Thanks again for your reply,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by laughingbirdpro View Post
    Thank you, Selena.

We've had him close to two weeks. We are certain he is healthy: good coat, excellent pees and poos, eats well, active and alert. He's on four formula feedings and two Henry Healthy blocks a day (morning and night). We didn't get him from a tree service. He was dropped off by a desperate gentleman who couldn't care for him and didn't know where he originated from, his daughter claimed it followed her and she brought it home. We will try to find other arrangements.

Thanks again for your reply,
    Mark
    Cesta sounds like the perfect place =). I don’t think I could turn one away but it sure would be a big strain on me right now so I’m glad someone else is available in the area. If I dropped another few hundred bucks setting up a third cage in two months time my husband might choke me.

Hi there,
    I just talked with Heart4Squirrels and I am happy to take and raise your guy with my only. My guy is still in the earlier stages of rehab, he has had trouble with formula and I’m still working hard to get him settled. He is eyes open and my guess is he’s about 6 weeks old. He’s also on FV.

I know he’d benefit from a sibling. He’ll be overwintering and does need a buddy.

Pls PM me if you’d like.

10. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Cesta:

cava (10-08-2018), HRT4SQRLS (10-08-2018), Mel1959 (10-10-2018), Nancy in New York (10-08-2018), Sottinger (10-09-2018), Spanky (10-08-2018)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.