Thread: Starting squirrel blocks

Default Starting squirrel blocks

I’m just starting squirrel blocks, my baby is still on formula 4x a day 12cc. I just wanted to know which ones to purchase

Default Re: Starting squirrel blocks

If it’s within your budget purchase Henry’s healthy blocks and be sure to refrigerate. There’s several others that are more economical, especially if caring for multiple babies. I don’t readily recall the names but I’m sure someone will chime in with them soon! =)

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Sottinger:

Diggie's Friend (10-06-2018), Squirrelskeeper (10-06-2018)

Harlan Teklad 2018 (Envigo) is one of the nutritionally better economical blocks. It must be purchased online. I usually search for the cheapest price on Amazon or a site called Wee Companions and factor in the total cost including shipping. This is a free feeding block and they can have as much as they like. Henry’s blocks are also good, but they are more expensive and you should only feed 2-3 per day. With either block you want to provide veggies and limited fruits from the healthy squirrel diet chart.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Squirrelskeeper (10-06-2018)

I use to get Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health Mouse, Rat & Hamster Food (Petco sku # 1214063). However, I pick the solid colored green and turquise things out and leave the wider non-solid colored pellets. When using pellets, I make sure that there is plenty of water available and remember that the instructions on Henrys (highest quality blocks in my opinion) limit consumption to about 1-2 pellets daily (maybe I'm a little off but there is a low limit), and most other brands you can serve a lot, if not unlimited.

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rocky1 from:

Right, the Henry's blocks are nutritional supplements which is why it's not their complete diet but added to a well balanced mix of veg and wild greens with occasional fruit and nut treat and given in small amounts (1-2 daily).

Rodent block can be their whole diet and fed in unlimited amounts but they're not as tasty and adding veg/wild greens (and fruit/nut treat) helps round it out and add variety (80%block to 20%off the food pyramid.)

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-Pet-Squirrels

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to cava from:

I’ve heard a ton about Henry’s, is their a coupon code that anyone knows of? Thank you all for all your help!!