Thread: Keeping formula warm

Default Keeping formula warm

When I found Oliver I had a hard time keeping his formula warm while he was eating and then he would refuse to eat anymore. I looked online and couldn’t find anything that said what to do. I wanted to share what finally worked so maybe people won’t have a hard time like I did. I make his formula for 24 hours so I make it and put it in a small mason jar and refrigerate it so it’s really cold to start with. I fill a Yeti cup up with hot water and I got some of those small plastic take away containers. I put his milk in the container and place it where the bottom is in the water and put a wash cloth over it for about 10 minuets. It heats it up perfect. And maybe everybody knows how to do this and I was the only one having a hard time but maybe this will help somebody. This is Oliver loving his food!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Kbroset:

ClemC5 (10-09-2018), LittleOllie (10-05-2018)

Default Re: Keeping formula warm

I use a baby bottle warmer, works great and holds the heat at a good temp while I feed the masses

Default Re: Keeping formula warm

Be careful you do not repeatedly warm and chill the formula, or it will go bad.

I use a shaker cup. I have it perfectly measured to where I can add 5 tablespoons Esbilac, 5 tablespoons Fox Valley 20/50.. and fill to the beveled line for a perfect mix.
    I pour out how many tablespoons I will need for my feeding, fill syringes, and place the syringes in a large coffee cup of hot water, on a hot plate.

I am feeding 5 teenagers right now, so I rotate twice as many syringes as I need for one squirrel.
    I feed a squirrel, return it to cage, refill syringes and place at back of cup.
    Then I grab the next squirrel, and use the front syringes.. by the time I get to the 3rd squirrel the back syringes are warm.