Thread: Is this safe ????

Default Is this safe ????

So let me start out by saying thank you to everyone who helped me with my baby Nala shes doing much better.
    So my question is I was at petco and saw peanuts unsalted natural for squirrels and then a squirrel and critter by KAYTEE made for them and then some chewables for small animals like Guinea pigs and hamster. Are these safe ????

Default Re: Is this safe ????

Quote Originally Posted by NalaSqurriel View Post
    So let me start out by saying thank you to everyone who helped me with my baby Nala shes doing much better.
    So my question is I was at petco and saw peanuts unsalted natural for squirrels and then a squirrel and critter by KAYTEE made for them and then some chewables for small animals like Guinea pigs and hamster. Are these safe ????
    Peanuts are high in phosphorus and not any better than nuts (worse than some) so they aren't "dangerous" but they aren't healthy, just like giving too many nuts isn't healthy. The chewables for hamsters and guineas--we'd have to see the label.

You'll be safe sticking to this food pyramid. If you want to give treats and snacks (after they have consumed the healthy stuff) you can use berries, fruits or a nut, all whole foods and not processed.

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-Pet-Squirrels

And remember, the more treats the higher the risk of developing a picky eater. Hope this helps.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to cava from:

Diggie's Friend (10-10-2018)