Thread: Six week old grey possible aspirations

Nuggetsfostermom Guest

Exclamation Six week old grey possible aspirations

Baby Grey I have been looking after for the past four days got a spooked and took in way too much puppy milk. He started clicking with high frequency soon after and it clicking periodically now. I have Bactrim DS 800-160 he weighs about 110g. Please help. My heart is shattered, and the closest wild life vet to me is about 4 hours.

Default Re: Six week old grey possible aspirations

Is this the only antibiotic you can locate? Any chance you can find a single pill of Augmentin (people) or Clavamox (animal)? Bactrim is slow acting.

Or even better, some Cipro? It is very commonly used for urinary tract infections so I would ask your female friends. You just need one.

Also, intermittant clicking alone may not be aspiration pneumonia. You should also see signs of lethergy, reduced appetite, labored breathing. If you see any two of these then you should start meds. But try to locate meds ASAP just in case.

Cipro>Clavamox>Bactrim
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Mel1959 (09-21-2018)

Nuggetsfostermom Guest

Red face Re: Six week old grey possible aspirations

Thank you all so much baby Grey is doing substantially better. No clicking for the past 6 hours and he is perked up so much. we're keeping an ear on lung sounds and respiratory rates, hopefully it was a fluke.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.