Thread: My "How To Feed A Baby Squirrel' video

Default My "How To Feed A Baby Squirrel' video

After yet another horror story of a 'rehabber' giving bad information that led to a death,
    and seeing videos about taking care of squirrels that did things wrong (like feeding at a downward angle),
    I decided to post my OWN video about the feed and care of a baby squirrel.
    I hope that it will turn up in Google searches, and steer a few people away from bad information.

Feel free to watch the video, and point out anything you disagree with, or feel I missed.
    The video can always be edited and reuploaded.

Warning... it's a 40 minute video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WDE...ature=youtu.be

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Javarat:

AnaMM (09-20-2018), TubeDriver (10-03-2018)

Default Re: My "How To Feed A Baby Squirrel' video

As I mentioned.. please critique and point any errors or info you feel is missing.

I already noticed I need to refilm the part where I weighed him.. I did not zero out the scale after adding the bucket. I gave the correct feeding info for that weight, but you could tell his sudden increase caught me off guard, so I continued at that point by computing using the false weight, while knowing it was not correct.

I also feel I need to add text about the treatment of formula (mix one days worth, fridge, pull out what you need). I discussed powders, but did not mention you cannot just leave them out.
    And text about feeding schedules by age. And text about heating the tub.

I know this is not the best video, but after Googling the other night and finding that most of the videos out there show them feeding from above, or using baby bottles and eyedroppers.. I felt I should at least make something to dilute the bad content that is available. And I also felt sending more people to this board could never hurt, so I pushed the address at the beginning and end of the video.