Thread: Found this little guy in my work parking lot yesterday

Hybrid View

anj109 Guest

Default Found this little guy in my work parking lot yesterday

He wasn't afraid of anyone walking by him and seemed like he was scared and I didn't want him to get ran over or possibly eaten by a predator so I didn't want to risk it and took him home in a box. He definitely has some little teeth because he bit a few times at first but now he is very friendly and seems to like being held. We fed him some very small cut up strawberry's, carrots, and romaine lettuce twice before we went to bed and then gave him a nice cozy blanket with a warm compress and bundled him up in a little pocket where he seemed to be this morning. He seems to be doing great this morning and we gave him a little peanut butter. I've been reading about food for them and we are going to buy some of the recommended Zupreme Primate diet for him (we think it's a him cause it looks like he has a little pee pee). In the meantime while that is being shipped, what else can we buy that will be good enough for him to eat? Is there a type of rabbit food or something that will hold him over?

Also, from the pictures, can you guys give him a rough estimate on his age? Any other helpful tips would be great. Should we be giving him goats milk still?

Name:  Snapchat-1739706513.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  49.1 KB

Name:  0913181400b.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  74.9 KB

Thanks!!

Default Re: Found this little guy in my work parking lot yesterday

Please do not feed any peanut butter or any nuts or seeds at this age. The Zupreem (well, rodent block) should be the first solids he is given. He should still be getting formula 3 times a day... Goat's Milk is a temporary fix, here is the formula we recommend... Esbilac Puppy Formula, the powdered version (liquid is not the same):

Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is the healthy Squirrel Diet:
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-Pet-Squirrels

anj109 Guest

Thanks for the help! Can you tell that he's still young enough to only get this formula? How will we know when he's ready for hard food? And have we done any harm by feeding him solids so far? How do you recommend we give him the formula? In a bowl or with a syringe feeder?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by anj109 View Post
    Thanks for the help! Can you tell that he's still young enough to only get this formula? How will we know when he's ready for hard food? And have we done any harm by feeding him solids so far? How do you recommend we give him the formula? In a bowl or with a syringe feeder?

Thanks again!
    Syringe (with a nipple if you can get one)... the formula is the absolutely best thing they can eat so we like to feed it for as long as they will take it. At that age he should still be taking formula for weeks.

You've not done harm, but it may make it more a challenge to get him to eat a healthy diet. Sort of like feeding a human child junk food and then deciding that might not be a good idea and trying to change them over to a healthy diet of carrots and broccoli!

Edit: This guy can have veggies but we establish good eating habits by introducing rodent block first so they will get used to eating that before they get their veggies.

anj109 Guest

So I just bought this stuff because my pet store didn't have the stuff you recommended. I wanted to ask you before opening it and feeding to him if it was good enough of a replacement for the other stuff? Thanks!

Name:  0914181213.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  54.0 KB

Name:  0914181213a.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  0914181213b.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  71.2 KB

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.