Thread: Squirrel in House

afraid of rodents Guest

Red face Squirrel in House

I have a squirrel in my house. I have a lab which has now chased it into the air return of my fireplace.

I have removed the dog from the house, but have no idea how to remove the squirrel from the house.

HELP please!

sparkysmom Guest

Default Re: Squirrel in House

No worries, he will leave after dinner.
    Actually maybe if you just propped the door open maybe he will go out. Just please keep the dog away.

You have two choices.
    1. block the fireplace so the squirrel can't get out , go on the roof and remove the rain cover on the chimny. Then go back down and make some noise to scare the squirrel up and out. Don't forget to replace the screen on top of chimny.
    2. Open the door to outside closest to the fire place. be quiet and wait for the squiirrel to come out on it's own.....use some nuts on the floor to lure it towards the door. It should go out as long as things are quiet.

Good luck Keep us posted!
    Becca
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Rebecca <
    SC Wildlife Rehabilitator
    I'm a squirrel watcher, I'm a squirrel watcher, watching squirrels go by, my my my!

Scott McCargar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel
    You have two choices.
    1. block the fireplace so the squirrel can't get out , go on the roof and remove the rain cover on the chimny. Then go back down and make some noise to scare the squirrel up and out. Don't forget to replace the screen on top of chimny.
    After you remove the rain cover/squirrel guard from the chimney top, secure a thick-ish rope to something up there on the roof and drop it all the way down the chimney so the fellow has something reliable to climb.

Or, try plan 2.

Good luck,

-- Scott

Good idea Scott!!!

Also, Afraid of....please tell us what the out come was and how did you get the squirrel out???
    We need all the input we can get because no two situations are the same....and that goes for squirrels too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Rebecca <
    SC Wildlife Rehabilitator
    I'm a squirrel watcher, I'm a squirrel watcher, watching squirrels go by, my my my!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.